Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Dorm tips

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by BennyOh, Aug 20, 2008.

1. I don't think there's much that can be said that hasn't been said already. You are never going to be completely safe in your dorm - weed is an obvious smell and if a determined RA notices it you could get found out. It's all about minimizing the chances.

- Get a box fan, and put it in your window. Make sure there isn't an RA living next to you/directly above you, because they will notice the smell if they open their window.
    - Towel the door, use a wet towel if you want to be extra careful.
    - In contrast to my previous post, the smoke detector is probably not a huge concern, especially with the fan in the window because the smoke should get sucked right out. Residence smoke detectors might be more sensitive than average, but I have hotboxed rooms with detectors and they never did go off. The detector is probably the least of your worries.
    - Smoke next to the fan, and only next to the fan. Either extinguish the bowl after each hit (with a dime or something), or hold the bowl in front of the fan while you are holding in your hit. You don't want smoke stinking up your room, make sure it all goes outside.
    - No joints or blunts, obviously.
    - Use a powerful deodorizer after every session (every hit if you want to be super careful). Ozium seems to be the favorite but I guess Febreze will work in a pinch. The burnt popcorn thing is a good idea but I don't know how you'd manage that without a microwave in your room.
    - Try not to go overboard with the music, especially if it's stereotypical stuff like the Dead or Pink Floyd (this sounds stupid but seriously, if an RA is suspicious, that kind of music isn't going to help any). Use headphones.
    - Have a good hiding place ready for if/when the knock comes. Be prepared to chuck your shit out the window if you really have to (or maybe you could hide it on the windowsill out of sight?). I was lucky, because the university I went to seriously did not care about pot, but apparently they do not fuck around with that stuff in the States. Losing your bowl and some weed is better than getting kicked out of school.

2. My friend who always smoked in his room put duct tape the whole way around. When you're about to open it just have someone check the hallway for you and give it a big quick rip. He then left it up on the left and top so we only had to press it back down for multiple use. If you are suuuuuuper sketched, then tape your door, wet towel underneath, and then tape a sheet over the whole door:D

3. I think there is a wide range of smoke detectors but I wouldn't be this careful. I got too comfortable last year and smoked a blunt in my apartment room without blowing the smoke out the window. Now that I look back, it was a bad idea but I had smoked plenty a blunt and got comfortable with the idea. Anyway, the alarm went off and freaked us out pretty bad. We just sprayed some shit, got the weed outa the room, and went for a walk. When we got back the alarm was off and nothing happened but for the sake of this kid I wouldnt recommend ignoring the detector.

I never got caught smoking in the dorm but had a chill RA. I'd would just use judgement.

- If your RA is a dick, dont blaze. Getting kicked out of school isn't worth it.
    - Tape the door. This does a number on the smell.
    - Time your session. RA's usually make rounds at a certain time, dont blaze when they do.
    - Put a fan facing out but watch for people outside. You dont want someone seeing a mushroom cloud of Kush from your room.
    - Purchase Ozium.
    - Avoid blunts and bones

4. Make a smoking kit your room mates cant get their grubby paws on

5. the smoking kit is a great idea and is always useful on car trips or really anytime you go somewhere and might want to blaze (so, yeah, everywhere).

mine is my grinder, small bowl, lighter, papers and a baggie of the green stuff. It all fits inside a small camera case and i perfect for taking with you everywhere.

6. Don't smoke in your room dude, you have no idea how easy it is for other people to get even the slightest whiff of that shit and your fucked, i know of so many people that have gotten busted that way its not even fuckin funny...but then i do know of people who have never gotten caught.

I always just went and chilled in my car in the parking lot for a bowl or took a quick cruise/walk around campus