Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Dorm tips

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by BennyOh, Aug 20, 2008.

1. Hey guys. I just moved into my dorm and was wondering if I could get some dorm smoking tips for all the college grads out there. I have a vaporizer and a bowl and an anal RA. Let me know your experiences so I don't get kicked out of school.

2. When you smoke, seal the bottom of your door with a towel.
    Also, make a sploof, and blow the smoke out of your window through a fan.

3. Dont smoke in your room is the best advice I could give you.

4. oh boy, so many dorm experiences for me loll
    i used to always go to the frat houses to smoke, theyll usually match you cuz all they do is smoke all day and party
    but if you want a completely flawless way of using mj,
    i used to make firecrackers in the microwave and tust me, they work
    2 saltine/ritz crackers, a layer of peanut butter on each one, sprinkle your weed in the middle, mash em together and microwave for 90 seconds
    but if you wanna smoke, sploof it, wet towel under the door, give your roomate a few hits so he wont snitch, etc etc
    if you need advice on specific situations ask me. ive done just about everything

5. This pretty much covers it. If there is a smoke detector, cover it up with something. You might want to get some Febreze to spray around afterward and mask the smell...incense might work but in my experience it makes it pretty obvious what you're doing in there, plus some dorms aren't real big on open flames.

6. Yeah if there is a smoke detector I usually just take out the batteries.

7. I agree. I don't know where you go, but assuming it's not in an urban setting, there should definitely be safe alternatives to smoking indoors. I was kind of spoiled going to school right on Lake Ontario, and smoking activities could take place there, but during the winter we'd go to the side door of the building and stuff. If you MUST smoke inside, vaporize and exhale out the window. One good thing about vaping is that the smell is atypical, meaning if someone knows what the smell is, they're probably cool with it. And if they ask anyway, you burnt popcorn.

8. I go to school in Washington DC, and the cops are everywhere it seems, so I would prefer to be in my dorm.

9. I'm not gonna blast you for that since you obviously didn't get caught, but to the OP- Don't attempt that until someone else has. Some systems are hard wired so if they're disconnected someone you don't want finding out probably will.

10. ^^^ well then in your case,
    make friends with apartments or are part of fraternities
    if they smoke too, they wont mind one bit
    and usually has little to no risk of getting caught

11. so just taping a bag around the smoke detector will be fine?

12. The smoke detector is the least of your problems, I would think. I would hope you'd be wise enough to smoke next to/exhale out of a window, and the room shouldn't fill with smoke, nor are the detectors THAT sensitive (a lot of dorms were built when you could smoke in them.)
    Generally speaking, being caught fucking with a smoke detector will result in far worse consequences than being caught just smoking in your room.

13. Yes.

_______

When it comes to dorm room smoking you need to first understand the schools policy VERY WELL. At some colleges one time getting caught with MJ will result in being removed from housing and possible academic probation or suspension. Others will give you 3 strikes and even some will let you rack up the violations as long as you pay.

To have an anal RA you already have one notch against you. So also consider that with whatever dorm policy is in force.

Some tips:
    -Figure out which way air circulates.
    Light a match/lighter by the bottom of your door with the window open and see if the flame moves toward you or the door. If it goes to the door you MUST use a towel to block off the smell from entering the hallway. If it blows the other way then its a whatever.

-Box fan blowing out the window
    -Ozium, Febreeze, Lysol or some air disinfectant that deodorizes
    -Remove smoke detector OR tape a bag around it SECURELY
    -Sploofs don't work as well as they seem. Trust me it still leaves residual smell. Buy a carbon filtered sploof from your local headshop. They cost around $5 and last for over 10,000 hits. It works AMAZING.
    -Have a "safe" plan. What happens if RAs come? Who puts away the pipes? Where do they go? Who hides the herb? Who deoderizes the room? etc etc.
    -Go over the "safe" plan again.
    -Go over the plan one more time
    -Do it again.
    -Keep music, TV, or any noise level to a low roar. If you can hear your room from the hallway your already a target.

Keep that in mind.

14. as well known, but still good stash spot is inside your computer case.
    or if you have a pannel on the front where a cd/dvd rom could go, take that off and theres a nice shelf on many computers.

15. #15 Nematoad, Aug 20, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2019

16. Well I'm thinking about rushing. If we have your fraternity on campus you definitely need to write me a recommendation haha :smoke:

17. #17 Nematoad, Aug 20, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2019

18. 1. wrap the smoke detector with a plastic bag, wrap around with a rubber band
    2. towel under your door
    3. fan on facing outside
    4. febreeze air effects masks everything
    5. get ripped

19. just use your vaporizer and make some popcorn. The popcorn smell will last all day and then when your done vaping turn it up all the way and burn it a little. This makes the whole room reak like burnt popcorn, instead of weed. I did this hundreds of times in the dorm and never got caught. You can also just blow hits through a sploof. You should also try to find an outside smoke spot because those are just nice to have. Scope out the RA situation the first few weeks and just remember not to get cocky about it. You'll do fine.