Dorm rooms in college

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by azureufc, Nov 15, 2009.

1. Hey,

I'm a senior in high school right now

I was wondering,

do dorm rooms get searched for drugs?

If so, under what circumstances will the rooms get searched?

thanks guys

2. Your room will get searched but they can only check what they see. so if you have everything hidden then you wont have a problem. The people doing the checking are RA's which are other students so there really in nothing to worry about unless your a jackass and smoke in your room or leave your stash out for everyone to see.

3. yea as long as you keep everything out of sight, and your room doesnt wreak like bud youll be fine. in my dorm, if they saw a pipe/bud or anything else they would call security and the cops and let them deal with you. if they just smelt bud they would write you up for it, but that isnt legal stuff just stays in the residents/academic systems.

my ra was really chill so i never had to worry about my room, but a bunch of us got busted and written up for smoking in another room.

4. Every school is different man. They all have different policies. Generally the rule is they can only search your shit if they see contraband out in the open.

I got campus security called to my room because it absolutely reeked of bud. The smell was so blatant, but they couldn't search my shit because nothing was out in the open and i just denied it.

Just don't be stupid, and you wont have a problem.

5. I think for most schools your room won't get searched unless you get caught with bud or paraphernalia. RA don't search your room for drugs, they do safety checks of your room. But if something's visible like above said you're fucked. Just read your school's policy and you should be fine.

6. Just don't smoke in your room and you'll be fine man. So many people get kicked out of my school for doing that, but it's really not worth a whole year's of tuition just to smoke. Go outside to smoke, but as long as your shit doesn't smell or if you don't have paraphernalia out in the open they probably won't search your room.