Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Dorm room fire alarm

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by leet_hax, Dec 21, 2008.

1. Hi guys, i have read some of the threads on smoking in dorm rooms which are mainly concerned with avoiding attention to smell. In my case, i am more worried about the alarm on the ceiling. What would be some measures i could take to avoid setting of this alarm when smoking? An RA said the alarm will supposedly set off if you try and cover it :O could this just be a measure to scare people who want to smoke in their rooms? On the other hand i have smoked a pipe and exhaled out the window (alarm wasn't even covered iirc) in my friends room without any problems.

2. Just put a plastic bag over the alarm, and fasten it with a coathanger.

3. Most smoke detectors won't go off unless you're seriously boxing the room. But I doubt it'll go off if you cover it...just try it...and be like "I didn't do anything" if they come and ask...lol.
    Would you really think it's gonna go off and then get everyone out of the building, the fire department comes...just for covering the alarm? ha.

4. the best idea I've heard for this, is putting a bowl on the ceiling with some double sided tape..

5. It depends on how old the smoke detector is really but at least in my school the newer ones do indeed go off if they sense the airflow has been cut off.

6. id say just cover it cuz i dont see how a detector can tell if its being covered id say just figure out weather its posible for it to go off its covered... if not posible just cover it and hot box ur ass offf

edit sry for my bad grammar im guite blazeed

7. yea man.

tupperware bowl + duct tape= no worries:cool:

8. if it does go off, wave a rag in front of it HARD and it will shut off real quick. this is what we do at work if sauter smoke gets in it. happens all the fucking time lol

you could wave a rag to begin with, just to avoid the trouble

9. did that freshmen year and it worked like a charm

10. guys tampering with a fire detector is against the law. naughty naughty.

I smoke in my dorm room every night. and the only times i set my alarm off is when im cooking. so i would say you safe to assume it wont go off.. just open a window and blow it out, and if your still scared... put a fan on.

happy toking

Evil

11. my dorm was really bad last year. also they will be able to pinpoint it to your room if it goes off so just prepare for that. the plastic bag will work, but you should really just go outside.

12. if it goes off pull the fire alarm and just go with it