Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Dorm related question

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by skeetskeeter, May 8, 2013.

1. :wave: Let's say my dorm room smells from rolling a blunt or joint and it somehow seeps into the hallway. If an RA or security were to come in my room what do they do? If anyone has had this happen before do they search through you drawers and things like that or do they just look around to see if anything is out in the open? This probably won't happen because I keep my room circulated well but I was just curious.

2. if they have a reason to search your room they can and will if they see fit. at least thats how it was at my school

3. It depends on the college. Community colleges usually don't give a shit. My friend goes to a community college and there are parties almost every day in peoples' dorms and they smoke weed and drink alcohol like it's nothing. I'm sure universities and more "elite" colleges are more uptight about that kind of stuff and have a zero tolerance to protect their rep. But if you're just rolling a joint, I doubt the smell would seep under the door and out into the hall. That would have to be some skunk or something.

4. Depends. If you're RA is a douche, she can call public safety who in turns call the police. I know my campus has actual police instead of public safety, so if they're called they bring the dogs and search your room. Look over your contract/lease with your university. I'm pretty sure most colleges waive your consent to a search since you're on their property.

5. my university is zero tolerance and someone called in a complaint that I had alcohol in my dorm, and the police came and searched it but they didn't look in anything... just checked to see if anything was out in the open.

6. Get a portable vape that you can easily hide.

7. don't be an idiot

8. #8 ckycampmember, May 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2013
    They can search anything and anywhere they want.
    You sign a contract to pick up dorm keys....

Read before signing on the dotted line.
    It'll explain their boundaries.

At my school they'll look anywhere and your dorm contract specifically says they can and will do so.

9. The paranoia is strong...

Rolling a joint won't reek up the dorm and drift down the hall.

Smoking it MIGHT, but still, unlikely.

10. Had them knock on my door once after blazing because my roommate was drunk and loud. About ten minutes later a cop came to our door. Nothing happened, but of they wanted your ra can call the cops and they can (fairly easily) get a warrant from a judge.

11. I don't think they need a warrant a lot of the time.

Like mentioned, check the lease agreement. I'm almost certain that because the property is owned by the school, they waive your right to consent to search.

Basically if the school has a reason to believe there's drugs in "your" (more like their) dorm, they send the cops in.

12. Thanks for the replies, I was just wondering. Didn't think it would happen but just in case it did I just wanted to know what to expect.

Ummm yes rolling a joint or blunt can make the room reek. My friend rolled a blunt the one night and went and smoked it with some people. When he got back the security was knocking on the door cause it smelled like bud. Since he didn't have anything on him and he wasn't in the room they didn't search his room. When you grind up a nug of some stinky weed, more smell comes out than you would think.

13. careful with that shit man, rolling joints/blunts in your room is ok but never smoke in there

14. I'm not smoking in my room I'm not an idiot hahaha.

15. since when do community colleges have housing

16. I won't smoke in my room but our suite has its own bathroom so it's quite easy to steam it up and smoke a small bowl or two.