Dopest/Cheapest scale ever

Discussion in 'General' started by StraightChill, Mar 13, 2015.

1. #1 StraightChill, Mar 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2015
    I always thought it'd be sick to have a scale app that actually works and I've seen a lot of scale apps that suck horribly on the app store... You guys have probably seen them. You need a bag of potato chips and two quarters to use it and it just spits out random numbers. But I think I found one that's legit: https://itunes.apple.com/app/id969534307?mt=8

You gotta learn the correct technique, but once you do it's pretty damn accurate. I weighed an eighth with it just now and it was only a few tenth of a gram off. Idk if I'd use it for my main scale or not but for 2.99 I'm impressed!

2. Lol and how exactly can an iPhone mesure weight if it doesn't have weight sensors? Stop scamming bro

3. #3 StraightChill, Mar 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2015
    Haha I'm not I swear! I guess there's a relationship with how quickly and how far the phone moves back after you remove whatever you weigh, like there's some physics relationship. If you check out the demo video you can see what I mean and it makes sense how after using it: 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8x5aYYxN9U

4. Or for a few dollars more I'll buy a quality scale that just works and not waste money on that.

5. WTF are you talking about? Smart phones have touch screens. Part of how touch screens work is by FEELING WEIGHT.  There are several scale apps for both iPhone and Android. I've never heard anything good about them as they're not calibrated so well.

6. #6 SmOkiepokie, Mar 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2015
    Was gonna say the same thing. Most of those apps are bullshit and have a Disclaimer saying its just a "novelty item" or something of that nature

7. Yea but when your trying to appease noobs I'm sure these could come I. Handy haha

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. Dont bother with this! If you really want to scale just buy a scale on ebay.... Mine costed 6$, those apps are inaccurate by far

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum