Doors or Pink Floyd?

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Mr. JIMI, Jun 28, 2002.

1. i can't pick
    they're both my favorite bands

i definitly can't decide,
    both the doors and pink floyd's sound range from "acid rock" to jazz to blues to pop
    really depends on that day and time

2. How about picking between Led Zeppelin and the Rolling Stones. Now I do like the stones but I have to say nobody put together songs to the level of Zeppelin.

3. well said, well said. also, as musicians and levels of skill at which they played their instruments at, zeppelin would kick their asses all over the place.

4. id say pink floyd is better when im high even though i dont listen to either very often, i do have the dark side of the moon prism thing tattooed on the back of my calf

5. Carefull with that axe Eugene.

6. Doors for sure better than Floyd. But Led Zep is my Fav. of all.:hello:

7. The Doors. Nothing else to say.

8. Close one, but the Doors all the way. They are my favorite band. Morrison is God.

9. Pink Floyd is most deffinatley better when your high, there style of music the slowness and tripiness in the songs abosolutley amazing

10. Hey,

I'd have to say Pink Floyd. I REALLY enjoy how they have certain songs that run up to 15 minutes long. It's just... very chill. :) Peace.

-Timmy
    "Making music is a virus, fortunately there is no cure."

11. I cant believe people are saying the doors are better then pink floyd. Few bands in history have pushed boundaries or set benchmarks higher then pink floyd... that is why nobody gets close to their sound. If you're a musician, then you understand why pink floyd is so genius. Layers upon layers of delicately placed riffs, percussion, and vocals. They were also one of the first to add electronic/synthesized elements to their music... things most people werent doing until the 80s and beyond. this is no contest.

12. i am a fan of both but it seems like after barrett left pink floyd struggled to find things to write songs about where the doors had jim morrison wich was an overflowing pile of poetry wich was devised in to song by the rest of the doors soo doors all the way for me man

13. Both bands are obviously legendary

But I like The Doors better...Morrison died young, so they didn't stay together forever and just flame out with crappy albums. Pink Floyd is great, but a lot of their stuff just bores me, (ie the slow, meandering New Agey instrumentals in between the 'real' songs)

14. Floyd, im high as hell right now listening to goodbye blue sky

15. hard choice for me i love the music of both bands

16. Theres no question, floyd and weed were made for each other. Floyd and any drug for that matter. Shrooms+Any Colour you like, whoa.

17. +1. Floyd hands down. Live at Pompeii has some incredible cuts on it.

18. floyds got the trippier movie, and there music is just so amazing, deffinatley floyd

19. I was just about to say the same thing. Someone said in here that the Doors are overall better musicians than Pink Floyd.....are you kidding me?? The complexity and technacality of Pink Floyds music is far far beyond anything the Doors could ever achieve, and the depth and range in style of all of their songs is amazing. If you go back and listen to every Pink Floyd album from Piper at the Gates of Dawn, to The Wall, (which is what I consider their last album) every single album is completely different, almost to the point where they dont even sound like the same band, there are so few bands that had the ability and skill to have such varying style. Actually...now that I think about it, the Doors are very comparable to Pink Floyd in their early years (from Piper at the Gates to Ummagumma), its all very underdeveloped, mainly nonsensical, acid driven, organized, skilled, harmonical, chaos. Dont get me wrong, I like the Doors, but as far as talent, listenablility, and quality of music, Pink Floyd wins hands down.

And oh yea, theyre better to listen to when your stoned too.