Door to door bible people...

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Dalton!, Feb 13, 2011.

1. This entire thread is like a big cluster of latent insecurity.

2. #42 SirenWasHere, Feb 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2011
    So you have no problem stealing other people's propriety as stated in that other thread and you would curse out some people instead of just ignoring the door?

Tough guy you are, huh?

BTW, it's spelled 'shouldn't'. I guess you don't have time in between your badass classes to learn how to spell.

3. Oh man I hate when these people come to my door..

One time they came to my door asked me if i believe in god

I'm like yeh but I'm not Religion happy. They like oh so you go to church.

Nope

Oh so does your family go to church. Nope (laughing nervously)

If someone offered you to take you to church would you go...

*slams Door*

I had a Slayer Sweater on, Stoned, heavy metal playing in the background with grasscity on my computer..Wonder what they were thinking.

4. I always do this high or not. i usually just try to get them as mad as possible. lol we get alot of them around here, and half just leave pamphlets and ring the door bell and leave.

5. My brother is Mormon and is on his mission right now in West Virginia. For those of you who don't know a "mission" is a two year calling where members go to any part of the world (often learning a new language) to preach the gospel.

I'm not Mormon (though I was raised one), but I have nothing but respect for people who are willing to spend their own money and give their own time doing what they believe is right. For those of you who are so anti-conversion of any sort, I really suggest at least being courteous to these people, because what they are doing takes a lot of balls.

6. I don't agree with them trying to spread their religion in other parts of the world. I don't like people showing up in some foreign culture preaching that "Christianity is right, and all your native culture is wrong".

But I would never insult someone for trying to spread his message to me. I politely refuse. I say "no, thank you", and not "get out of here before I call the police".

I don't know why you have to be so angry with those people. Just let them do their thing and if you don't want to be converted then just tell them and they'll go away.

7. They come on campus a lot and hand out the bibles.

One was basically guarding the door to the English building and it went something like this,

Him: "Hi young lady, would you like a free Bible?"
    Me: "No thanks."
    Him: "This is a small one you can keep in your pocket booke or your car."
    Me: "I have to get to class."
    Him: "Do you not love the jesus christ?"
    Me: "I don't believe in the Jesus christ."
    Him: "You better take this whole stack of Bibles, you'll need it."

8. I'm not trying to take a jab at you, but "science" never dug up any fossils. Most likely a college age volunteer has. I think people tend to forget that science is a process of gaining knowledge about the world around us. I think it's silly when people get confused between science and facts.

No need to be prejudice bro. The guy never said he's Christian, and I take offense to your declaration of "fucking christians." Chances are you don't know the first thing about Christianity, and have most likely never met any. It however IS likely that you have met people professing Christianity, but your prejudice and ignorance probably prevented you from identifying them as fakes.

9. Only happened a couple of times with me, not really bothered by it.

I'd like to talk to them thought and dig deeper as to why they believe what they do, I'm not really religious in the slightest but I think it'd be cool to debate with them and shit as to why they're drawn to it.

If I had any of the uber-preachy types though I'd tell them to get the fuck away from my castle.

10. I love bible people, I'm like yey when do we get to burn virgins every time they come.

11. I think I'd have just said something like "I do love God...in my own home, making breakfast, sitting on my porch, and enjoying my time off...thats when I love God the most...OK, thanks, goodbye now!"....The end.

12. #52 E n i g m a, Feb 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2011
    I had Jehovah's Witness older gentleman that would come to my house on a regular basis like once a month and he knew me and my dad by name.
    I just told him I was an atheist I think....
    But it was just so creepy, he is just like hi [my name]
    No expression, no emotion, just a vacuum of a face.

It was kind of interesting, religious people fascinate me, it's like watching some primitive ancient culture in the flesh. :cool:

Tell them that you have accepted Satan as your lord and savior and if they don't get off your fucking doorstep then you are going to cast his wrath on them.

OH and in my city there are Mormon teenagers dressed in a black and white suit that ride on bicycles and wear helmets.
    When I was going through a delusional state two of them approached me on the side walk and wanted to set up a meeting with me, I said yes for fear that if I said no they would kill me or something. Then they asked where I lived and I was like...er...you can just meet me here at the CVS they said okay, 3 pm tomorrow, okay...needless to say I never showed up there haha.

13. When I was living in Denver I use to run into Mormons all the time. One of my favorite things to do was let them talk for a second, then say, "Hey, come into this bar and have a drink with me and I'll talk with you more."

Sadly, none of them ever took me up on my offer :(

14. Hahahahahahaha

15. yes ive seen him comment on everything you post. what a loser, have you reported him yet?

16. You might as well believe in God. It doesn't hurt you or take any time out of your day, and hey at the end of the day if he is not real then who cares? But, if he is you're going to be in a world of pain. :smoke:

17. I'd rather take that chance than believe in fairy tales.

18. I have the mormons crawling all over my house every month it seems. They showed up and gave me some brownies the other day, I said I didnt want them but, they insisted. I threw that shit in the garbage. Idk what kinda mormon poison lies within it.

19. Y'all might have to deal with door to door bible bashers, but I am the only person in my entire wider family except my aunt that isn't a Christian and doesn't go to church. On top of that I smoke trees against my parent's wishes, I swear all the time and generally focus on maintaining the idea that I don't give a shit, partly because I don't, and partly because I wanna piss the Christians in my family off. They respond by giving me Christian literature. I always trump them with my cannabis-spawned, mind-boggling questions about the Bible and the flaws in their ideologies and dogmatic religion in general.

Now try dealin with that shit 24/7:D

20. If god was real wouldnt he know if you truly believed in him or if you did for your own reassurance?