Doomsday Prepers

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by GreenTheGiant, Mar 25, 2012.

1. Just watching a marathon on nat geo and wondered. Are there more people doing this than i think. Are any of you blades prepping. I think its highly possible that the economy will collapse and thus riots and crime will increase. If you are prepping tell me what u are doing

2. I saw this recently. I reminds me of the fallout shelter frenzy that happened during the cold war~i.e. the 60's, 70's & 80's

This seems way paranoid to me. People are making bunkers full of supplies like the world will end or something

It's nuts!!

3. #3 Chrismithy SMD, Mar 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2012
  4. I'm fully prepared to go 'off the grid' if I (or we, depending on the circumstances) need to.. I'll leave it at that :D

5. I like those bunkers in the ground. I would make it into a grow room

6. [quote name='"cripin210Tx"']I like those bunkers in the ground. I would make it into a grow room[/quote]

Haha right like i just wana chill and blaze in one

7. I was until the NDAA made it illegal and labeled it an act of terrorism.

8. ive always been ready for anything, form being in the scouts i guess. ive always kept food/water, protection. everyone said i was crazy for 5-6 years until we got a bad ass tornado and me and my family were the only ones not out getting food/water from the drop off points.

9. I'd totally prep for doomsday. Not necessarily go all out with a bunker and shit, but I'd put together a really nice "bug out" kit.

- Rifle and ammunition
    - Handgun and ammunition
    - Survival kit
    - Machete or similar
    - Durable hunting knife
    - Camping stuff
    - Water supply
    - Food supply
    - Zombie Survival Guide by Max Brooks
    - etc.

10. I have some canned tuna, I think that's all so far. Maybe some wetnaps

11. Im doing it xD my basement is a food stockpile... even got some pot down there that im gonna keep down there for a few months in space bags to see if i can get pot to stay good... if i can ill be buying enough for atleast a toke session 4 times a week for a year or so :) not gonna give it up xD

12. All im saying is ive been able to live off the land since a young age and have two things id grab within a average rooms distance to keep me alive for more then a while. ;)

13. I always wonder if they have a grow room they didn't share with us. "This is where we grow our wee.....uh......tomatoes."

14. My little brothers a prepper lol

He's joining the military just so he can be prepared for the future..

He went to some out of state military school last semester and is going full time this year.. Shit blows my mind ..

That he'd choose that shit as a career.. But

Its in his gut.. Naw goes deepa

Further than your jaw, from this fuckin rhyme

Thanks for your time.

15. I think its like 50% cool.

16. Well, they are also prepping for a natural disaster. Being a doomsday prepper doesn't really mean it will only come in handy if the world ends lol.

If a natural disaster occurs..No food, no water..having enough stock to last a family 6 months is not paranoid, its smart.

17. [quote name='"Nookies"']Well, they are also prepping for a natural disaster. Being a doomsday prepper doesn't really mean it will only come in handy if the world ends lol.

If a natural disaster occurs..No food, no water..having enough stock to last a family 6 months is not paranoid, its smart.[/quote]

This

I'm preparing for when/if shit hits the fan, or if I somehow get fucked over so hard I'm homeless

I have a survival pack and a diet plan. If does dec 21 2012 happens, I'm ready. Who knows, WW3 could happen, money could lose all value, sun can explode, my house can catch on fire the same day I lose my job, etc im ready to go

18. I think saving up a supply of food for more than a few months is stupid. If there were a disaster great enough that you couldn't get food or water, then society is ruined. Your going to need to head to rural areas.

What the hell are you going to do when you do finish your year long supply of food and water and have to leave your house? Probably get killed by wasteland bandits or some shit. Any food left will be already accounted for as people will have scoured every source.

19. crossbow
    machete

thats all i need....im good at getting around unseen.

and i can't afford to stock food....but im also not afraid to eat people in survival mode.

20. The idea is to be prepared so you don't have to eat people. It's remarkable youd rather eat humans than stock some rice and beans. And you can in fact afford some if you choose to. Just have to budget better Or grow your own food.