Doobie's Macro Cannabis imagery

Discussion in 'Bud Shots' started by DoobieDuck, Feb 14, 2013.

Tags:
  1. #21 Red Pill, Apr 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2014
    Are you using some type of slide/rail & tripod or just your hands?

Edit: Never mind. I was in such awe from the pictures I didn't read the last post. Haha, sorry.

Sent from my Nexus 7 2013 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Red don't worry freind, I find myself doing that shit often! Hey I am using a old monolta focus rail nowadays. I've yet to do stacks, or at least good stacks. I'm working on that technique but prefer the one shot images now. Here are some new ones from just last week. My Menage A moonshine cross..DD

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  3. I love the beauty of this wonderful plant.

Sent from my HTC One using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Yes the time has come for me to shoot some macro pics, I'm trying a new macro set up and technique including lighting. I hope my images will improve with time, the learning curve is tough for me sometimes. Here are the first to be posted since starting a week ago. I have lots more to share with you.

Subcool Seed Agent Orange, my first time with a Subcool variety. She passes my test..enjoy..DD

Attached Files:

5. Wow..no comments, come on guys, pick those jaws up off the keyboard, wipe off the drewel and say hello? 

Showin some skin, these from a Bohempians Sour Diesel from the grow..enjoy..DD

Attached Files:

6. I will be at the Emerald Cup with a booth and prints of some of my macro work, looking forward to seeing you there..DD

10-26-14-Casey-AS-4229-4249-C-W.jpg

10-23-14-MMHaze-3564-3582-C-W.jpg

10-23-14-Purps-3612-3624-C-W.jpg

7. I'd like to extend an invitation to everyone to stop by my booth at the Emerald Cup, Offering my cannabis fine art prints to the public for the very first time. An example of a 16x20. .I don;t see much macro photography as fine art prints, mostly because of the technique and gear needed to produce fine quality prints. These the first I've produced in 20 years of this calibre..hope to see you there..cheers..

Attached Files:

8. Guys I'm getting caught up and have many more macros to share. Here are some from my MoonMonkey Haze.
    I'll be loading the last of my fall studio flower shots in my Fall Flowers thread too in the next couple weeks, enjoy and please tag along. Peace..DD

Attached Files:

9. #30 DoobieDuck, Jan 31, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2015

GG thanks for stopping in, complementing, and writing/asking. I'm not "making a living" photographing weed, no one I know does. I share my images to promote the love and understanding of cannabis world wide. And that includes the magazines and books I'm featured in. I make very little, I sell a print every so often but that is rare. I am developing that right now to try and promote it a bit.

Gear, I use Canon bodies and a case full of lenses. Gear I've never considered the key to a good image, yet good glass is really helpful. I have done just about every technique known trying to improve mine. Good luck with your imagery in the future...peace...

These a variety by MDavis, Blueberry X Chronic, if you see him around the Net please send him my way thanks. Be well all...DD

Attached Files:

10. Have you ever uploaded any to stock photography sites? Shutterstock is one I have used before and I still get money from...

With the expanding market for cannabis around the world, I'm sure the demand for quality cannabis images for promotion and stuff would also be growing... If you're the one guy specializing in it, you will make a decent little bonus on the side for your troubles.

http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/1353063-mars-1200w-auto-grow-silver-haze-white-lsd.html

11. Jaw dropping photography here bro, seriously taking my breath away with some of these macro shots!

What set up you running?

Chef.

Yes GG, but those sites are not my cup of tea. I have my own and sell digital downloads from there when contacted. No one ever makes much money from this. Thanks....

Chet depends on the image. Mostly Canon bodies and MPE 65mm. I'd need a book to go into the lighting and other technique used, sorry. 

These from my F3 of Old Moonshine...DD

Attached Files:

13. I PMd you regarding prints aswell.

Chef.

14. What about macros, well I just finished growing out another Apollo Purps for some shots. I also hit her with pollen from a male Apollo Purps that might just insure macros like these in the future.

I'm not really happy with these as letting her go to mostly cloudy caused the trichs to reflect the lighting terribly, causing halo and blurr issues. The thread needed something fresh..peace..DD

Attached Files:

15.  Something alive in my lens? I came across this guy the other day,think he's a thrip thought I'd throw him in here. 

To capture them they have to remain absolutely still, his antennae were moving a little yet despite that one of the best I've captured of something this small living and walking amongst the resins. Give a good idea of size. Mites absolutely ruin macro images. Not only at this magnification are they visible, but their webs going from resin to resin really fuck up the shots. I have had my spells with them in the past, so far so good with this small grow. Lots more macros in the making guys..DD

Attached Files:

16. Amazing pictures man

17. Thanks for following DankMeister..last call for macros. Only one girl left in the grow with resins, then done till fall..enjoy while you can..peace..DD

Attached Files:

18. Capturing macros still...cheers..

Gooey Breeder Purple Mayhem

Attached Files:

19. Good to see you back DD.........always a pleasure to enjoy your artistry.