Dont wanna burn !!!!!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Chucktaylor08, Jun 8, 2019.

1. So I transplanted my well rooted plants into 5 gallon smart pots and Ocean forest soil and the plants have a great root system overflowing. I did water with less then quarter strength GO nutrients and finished with a nice flow of just water. Did I make a mistake by hitting them with nutrients this fast??? Hopefully someone has been through this b4 and can give me tips. 20190607_182916.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. The soil you added is loaded with nutrients. It shouldn't need fed for a bit. Some people actually grow by just continually adding ff ocean forest and not using nutrients. I know a guy that starts off plants in 1 gallon of ffof, eventually transplant to a 3 gallon of ffof, then a 5 gallon of ffof that wasn't filled to the top right before flower. He would add soil a couple different times during flower in the space left. He had a fairly large scale grow and didn't want to be messing with nutrients all the time.

He's changed his way of growing now and switched to organics but he grew successfully like that for a long time.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thank you for the quick response. I've never done outdoor soil before and forgot that ocean forest is already loaded. I'm running somewhat organic nutrients so I heard sometimes the effects of what I did can show up to a week later rather then the next day. What are my options as of right now. Sit back and see if I hurt them. Or water them lightly in a day? 1 gallon spread around 10 plants shouldn't do much damage right???

4. I don't think you did them a bit of harm. In no time at all, they'll getting larger.
    I'm a big fan of fertilizer... but I would have waited two days.... personally.

5. Sit back and relax. 1 gallon on 10 plants didn't do jack shit. With the soil being loaded with nutrients it feeds everytime you water

• Like Like x 1
  6. I just jumped the gun. They are doing so well that I just wanted to start off the transplant with a good feeding. All the research I've been doing has one person saying u should add anything for about a month whole others dose them right away. What would be your next step? Wait till dry and thirsty and feed them again with a light batch or just go water? I welcome all ideas and tips. Starting a outdoor beginner journal tomorrow.

7. Oh and why wait the 2 days after transplant ?

8. For fear of shocking the roots.
    If a transplant, it's already got 'juice'.
    Then... I let 'er have it.
    There have got to be several hundred methods of watering and fertilizing....
    that's mine, so far.

ALL my opinion.
    (I transplant fairly dry plants into already moistened media.)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Let the plant tell you when it's ready to be fed more nutrients. You'll be able to tell when the nutrients in the soil begin to fizzle out you'll notice a decrease in the plants vigor and it won't be as vibrant green. It will look needy for lack of a better term, that's when it's ready to be fed. I grew with fox farms for years. Each plant has different needs that's why it's hard to nail down an exact time and why you'll find people beginning to feed at different times.

If they're sitting in fresh pots of soil I guarantee it won't need fed in 2 days. You probably gave it several weeks of nutrients when you transplanted

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. I appreciate the input. Only thing they have had previously is a little GO bioroot. So if it was you and the first feed goes ok would u feed them again or wait a few weeks to use up the ocean forest nutrients. Sry for the questions I just want all perspectives.

11. Yeah I need to figure all of that out. I'll hold off for awhile and just let them show me . One thing I'm not doing is checking my hose water ph. Some say do some say dont. This damn forum!! Oh and the strain is of kush .

12. I'm gonna get slammed.....
    I use the Fox Farm trio for soil... as per their directions...
    and that means 'hit 'em up'!
    foxy.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  13. What line of nutrients were you running? And was it soil?

14. Are you doing this in soil? Or a hydro set up?

15. So when u start are you going straight seed in soil , then once it pops hitting it with the first round of the feeding schedule? Have you had to learn the hard way and dial it back some or anything?

16. So when u start are you going straight seed in soil , then once it pops hitting it with the first round of the feeding schedule? Have you had to learn the hard way and dial it back some or anything? Also if having some nutrients in the soil works wouldn't added just the right amount of a system like general organics bio thrive make it even better?

17. *I* never start seed in soil; many very experienced growers do.
    I water and feed my seedlings with syringes.
    When they are ready to be transplanted from their cups,
    they already have 'their juice'. I wait a couple of days before feeding time.
    I've never had to adjust my feeding; I just follow instructions.
    Some people produce admirable plants using custom formulated fertilizers.
    I'm not sure that I got the gist of your last question, but I feel free to say that
    I do not subscribe 'more is better' theories.
    There are many questions that new growers have... methods, equipment, schedules...
    When you have questions about growing, feel free to ask your questions in these forums.; there are some real experts around here.
    I can offer you this: one mans way of doing a grow... for better or worse... for right or wrong;
    No one cares, I tell ya!

• Like Like x 2
  18. Hey hell man I'm going to read that whole thread tonight. Thanks for all the help .

19. I'm NOT brushing you off; it's just that the narrative and the thousand pictures...