Don't vote

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Deleted member 506764, Aug 26, 2016.

1. You can still be critical of someone you voted for, that's a given. And since you voted for that person, you have every right to try to hold them accountable for their decisions. For example, I'm Canadian and voted for Trudeau, but that certainly doesn't mean I unconditionally support him, and in fact I'm somewhat disappointed in him so far, but that doesn't mean I'm going to stop engaging in the political process.

2. No man has the moral right to make another man subservient to his own will via laws. Natural laws take care of everything jus fine.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  3. i think it's funny when people say "you're not using your rights if you don't vote"

but this election is like voting for a garbage can and a dumpster
    they both smell like shit, and have have a ton of baggage
    i don't want either, so i'm not voting

• Like Like x 1
  4. So you're opposed to any kind of formal legal system? Enforcing any kind of man made law is immoral?

5. What if I vote for someone who I feel represents my views quite closely, and they don't get elected? How does that I mean I have no right to complain or mean I'm somehow to blame? Just hypothetically.

6. If I was American, I wouldn't vote for either Clinton or Trump. I would however consider voting 3rd party if I felt a candidate represented similar views to mine - even if some people would think that's a wasted vote.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Yes it is. Look how stunningly our failed system has worked out for everyone... The rich grow richer, the poor grow poorer and don't give me that weak shit. "Oh well the poor should just work harder and get a better education!" There once was a time when you could do this but not anymore. A poor person can work their fingers to the bone their entire life and never get even one inch ahead, they can try all angles and every approach possible and it will not work because the evil rich want them to remain slaves, so the rich can get richer.

THAT is how the system works, our failed system built by greedy men and women who have only their own selfish interests at heart. If we could find wisdom in a more advanced race from another world, who a long time ago learned how to solve their problems maybe we could be saved.

• Like Like x 2
  8. If they are not elected that is a different thing all together. Someone who does not get elected won't be able to improve or screw up, however you do have a right to complain about and blame those who voted for someone who screwed things up because you did not vote for the one who fucked things up.

9. I'm not voting for either one of them. Elections are a farce and my last reply was hypothetical as to if voting did count.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Exactly, using threat of violence to control another human is immoral.

• Like Like x 2
  11. And before you say anything like. "Oh what are we supposed to do when other countries attack us, lay down and die?" If all governments stopped using violence to solve their PETTY little disputes we would live in a better world.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  12. Actually our modern economic and political systems have resulted in historically unprecedented social mobility. If you look at history, a person of low economic or social status had almost no opportunity for upward mobility in most societies.

In modern society, not only is the average person less likely to be poor, but even if they are poor, their standard of living is massively better than even wealthy people enjoyed just a century ago. It doesn't matter how hard you work? THAT is some weak shit.

Is it harder for a poor person? Sure, but compare today's system with those of the past, and it's just not even close. 200 years ago there actually WERE real slaves. Why pretend that we haven't made progress? The fact is the system HAS worked out pretty well for more people than ever before.

I know a great way to remain poor is to take the attitude that there's no changing it. Too many people have that mindset.

13. LOL! You actually think that there are no longer slaves? Ohh I'd love to live in your white washed world. Again some people try their damnedest to change and overcome being poor but the game is rigged and the table tilted, there is no winning unless you were born with a silver spoon, fork and knife in your mouth.

• Like Like x 1
  14. So please quit trying, I am far more awake than you ever will be and am well aware of your attempts to plug me back into the Matrix and cause me to fall asleep again.

15. But didn't you agree if you vote, you have no right to complain? Or do you just think if I vote for the person who gets into power I have no right to complain? Just curious

16. Jesus fuck another double post

• Like Like x 1
  17. If voting did count and the person you voted into power fucks everything up, you have no right to complain because you put them there. But if you voted for someone who lost and the one whom everyone else voted for and won, fucked everything up. You can complain about them voting him or her into power because they put that person at the controls because you did not vote for that person.

18. I think the Carlin quote refers to voting as showing support for the system in general, not the candidate you chose. You know two wings of the same bird deal. Supporting one of two parties still giving authority to this system of government and thus there is no right to complain.

• Like Like x 1
  19. But that's kinda what I'm poking at - if I don't support either of the two parties, and support a candidate who I actually agree with on many topics (who is running 3rd party), but they don't get close to office, why don't I have a right to complain?
    Edit- I get where Carlin is coming from, but disagree

20. Ah I see, yea the quote definitely has flaws I wasn't proposing that I wholly agree.

I haven't come to any conclusions regarding the "3rd party options", but it seems like a way to keep people just happy enough in the current system. What says more? Not voting or voting 3rd party. I really don't know, it's where I've left off in my thought process.

• Like Like x 1