Don't vote

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Deleted member 506764, Aug 26, 2016.

1. Basically, it seems like they love taking rights away. Or putting cash values on nature. Buy this liscense to do something that you could do for free before, sound familiar?

• Like Like x 2
  2. You are spot on

• Like Like x 2
  3. Well yeah, you could think of yourself as being handicapped by your own lack of action, I guess. Basically I just don't see how you expect to effect change through non-participation. Nobody has to consider your point of view if you don't voice it.

Your position seems to be "I won't participate until the system improves" whereas my train of thought is more along the lines of "The system won't improve until more people participate". Voter turnout in my generation is still appallingly low, and I just cannot see how that is in any way a good thing. When political parties put together platforms, you think they don't take that poor turnout into consideration?

Not voting certainly doesn't hurt those who would suppress your rights.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Voting is really about the least you can do, especially considering thr national s'election

More people voting gives more legitimacy to the system, which i do not want to give. Imagine if this general election had 50% fewer voter turnout than last election, would that not be a more powerful message saying 'i wont vote for shitheads' than a 10% INCREASE in voter participation?

• Like Like x 2
  5. Man, honestly this election scares me. No doubt, this election will go in the history books

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  6. Same. I wouldn't vote in the US election if I were an American.. I'd just stay at home. Voting in such a case would be like taking it up the ass.. I have too much pride to take it up the ass.

• Like Like x 2
  7. I will definitely at least go to the polls. We have a ballot question in Massachusetts this time to legalize recreational use of Marijuana. At the very least I'm voting yes on question 4.

• Like Like x 1
  8. oh yes. You should always vote for Weed. Weed will never let you down or break its promises.. it will always please.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Is there a "none of the above"/blank option on the American ballot?

There are systems here, at least on the civic levels, that if the biggest winner is no one (blank), then there is a re-vote, and other people can stand for the election

I know there is a write-in, but I think that spreads the grain rather than collects it

• Like Like x 2
  10. No such option here unfortunately.

11. Here in Canada there are a lot of options for parties on the ballot, but it's one of those catch 22's, because you're not really motivated to vote for the fucking Communist Party of Canada or something stupid because they will never get a seat in Parliament, even if you happened to be a Communist.

If you're a Communist, you vote Green or NDP :p

12. The Green party is such a piece of shit.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Well they haven't yet realized that "we like the environment" isn't a viable political platform.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Exactly. Rather than being a political party they should be a non profit.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Weed didn't start the fire. It was always burning since the world was turning...

• Like Like x 3
  16. I'm actually thinking of running a political campaign next year, prior to the election.

However, instead of starting a new political party and getting people to vote - the message will be to encourage as many people NOT to vote. It could actually be highly effective considering how we already have a low voter turnout to begin with ..

Make New Zealand Great Again - Don't vote 2017!
    - NOBODY will do anything about exponentially rising house prices
    - NOBODY will stop foreign investors from buying off our country
    - NOBODY has the guts to say no to the TPPA
    - NOBODY has the guts legalize cannabis
    - NOBODY cares about entrepreneurs
    - NOBODY cares about students
    - NOBODY cares about the poor
    - NOTHING ever changes

BOYCOTT PARLIAMENT - DON'T VOTE

• Like Like x 5
  17. Why is local and state elections another matter?

https://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?threads/1418173/

lovin u

18. Yes, my bad, i read that post i cant recall why i didnt respond at the time.

The two main parties on the federal level have it locked down pretty well, but on state and specifically local elections, even one individual can have a profound impact.

By voting in good congressmen and women, and senators and governors, we can fight back from the bottom up. If we elect good people and hold the accountable and make them hold the president accountable, we can turn this ship around.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Thank u kindly for the response!

Bumping for awareness

https://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?threads/1418173/

lovin u