Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Dont use a grinder...unless your rolling a spliff

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Dank., Aug 14, 2011.

1. I find knocking the two pieces of a high quality stainless steel grinder to be more than enough to get most of whatever you put in back out. Better and more vibrations will help the finer, smaller particles loosen up and fall out, you do this by holding it looser and having it make a louder, sharper clinking and letting it ring.

2. Grinders have a purpose for any way of smoking.

Its just a way to do everything quicker.

Its not even worth thinking about how much bud is 'wasted' whilst grinding because it is too small to even bat an eyelid over.

3. consider the grinder to be a bank. you have a deal with said bank, that whenever you deposit a check they put 5% of that check aside for you in a savings account. that money's still yours, you just not might not be able to get back a small percentage of that small percentage because the bank costs money on withdrawals (any THC that is stuck indefinitely in the grinder, which does happen but i can get any grinder i've had damn near clean).

so, on days when i think "goddamn it, i've spent all my money" i whip out that grinder and collect my savings.

4. I love how you guys are worried aboutthe weed lost in those little green splotches, take a pin and them shits come right off and guess what you then smoke the splotches and none is wasted.

5. People worry about and analyze this shit way too much. Smoke your weed and enjoy it. As long as you get high I don't see what the issue is.

That said, if you're honestly paranoid about losing THC, buy a grinder without a kief chamber. Pretty simple.

6. im still on that scissors shit- ive owned 3 different nice and one high end grinder and they still didnt do it for me- sorry

7. I usually grind everything and save the kief until I can either roll a kief-only joint (which gets you lifted as fuck), or load a couple kief bowls in the zong :p

8. if you have a good grinder and good weed, it doesn't steal any thc at all. i have a 4 piece aluminium grinder that collects all the crystal and saves it for later, an the anticipation as you watch the kief build up is good. weed only sticks to the sides/teeth of plastic and cheap grinder, if you have one made with high grade aluminum the weed should fall right through without wasting any of it.

if you're going to use a grinder you have to use a good one, otherwise scissors would be the way to go. but seriously people that are that worried about "losing" a few crystals should probably just relax a bit.. lol.

9. Your precious thc? Who are you dude? Gollum?

I say smoke and let smoke.

10. By vaporizing with hot air/smoke you mean burning alongside nasty tobacco, right?

11. Seriously OP. Who made you the authority on when and when not to use a grinder?

12. If you get less high because you used a grinder instead of whatever else, your weed sucks.

13. Yeah im with you on that. The crystals that come off a grind are barely noticable. Saving up keif for a super joint later is far more rewarding than a barely noticable high without a grinder.

14. I dont know about you, but i love the idea of smoking a bowl of weed with extra super weed on top of it. Making my tummy warm already.

15. #35 gstp, Aug 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2011
    Chuck Norris doesn't grind his weed. He gives it a roundhouse kick to the face and then inhales the smoke after the plant material combusts on impact.

16. im not the authority im sharing my experiance,

and im not saying my weed sucked when i grinded it, its always bomb and always gets me high. but it just packs more of a punch when its not grinded.. huge flaming nugs of goodness :)

17. and no i mean vaporizing with a pure weed spliff, it doesnt get you obviously as high as a vaporizer, but i have heard somewhere and i do believe the spliff vaporizes because of all the weed being forced with hot air and smoke on it , kind of like the vaporizer pipe...

(sorry for using the world spliff i now realise thats a 50/50 tobacco joint), i meant to say JOINT

18. Yeah i think ill stay using my grinder for bongs, vapes, and rollies. Heres kief ive been saving since 5/20 bouta half gram. Grinders for life!!

Attached Files:

19. When you say its vaporized i think yu mean its resinated. Made super sticky in its resiny goodness gets you so high.

P.S- I perfer a grinder, save the keif for later. But if i dont have one i wont hesitate to break out the scissors

20. I blazed with a few friends and while blazed I brought up grinder vs scissors. A friend mentioned that his uncle, a real OG, uses scissors only. So now I use scissors when I can, so I can pretend to be a real OG. Hahah