don't let the sun go down on me!!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by wade, Oct 24, 2006.

1. hello,

i'm growing a couple in my back yard this year, in northern england, , and up till now they've done really well 'cos we've had such a nice summer, though august was a bit wet. I'm not sure what strain they are, i just stuck a couple of seeds from the bottom of a bag of half decent jamiacan tasting stuff into pots, but they are flowering and both female, having reached about five foot high. However, i live in a terraced house and now we are getting into winter, the sun is barely making it over the row of houses behind me - in a few days it won't show at all until march... is it worth keeping the plants growing, as we haven't had a fost yet, or am i better off just pulling them up and drying them out? if they are going to get any more ripe, i'll hang on, but if they won't get any stronger i might as well just harvest what i've got... any ideas?

2. :D Just wait untill the sun has finished hitting the plant,then just cut it down. no point in letting the buds go to mould.

3. i'm gonna do do just that. these have happened sort of by accident, but i've found growing them and watching them come on over the summer very therapeutic. I'm gonna try and grow a proper crop next year, currently scouting out locations and researching seed types - the main problem is that there will be a short time from the nights getting long enough to induce flowering till the first frost, so i need something that will put on lots of bud in a short space of time, although they will have plenty of time to vegetate before that. I'm sure all the helpful info at grasscity will point me in the right direction.

4. If you can build a cheap greenhouse.When you want your plant to go to bud next year....just throw and ORANGE TARP over the greenhouse for a week. The orange light will throw them into bud for ya,you can remove tarp and finish off the rest of the growing season. I lived and grew pot in the YUKON canada there is a 2 week period where there is no darkness....

5. i haven't got enough room to put up a green house, my yard is too small - i've moved the little fuckers inside now and put them upstairs, where they can still get a few hours sun, on the days when the sun comes out... they are still growing, slowly, but seem to be taking forever to ripen up, they started flowering at the start of september.
    one thing i'd be interested to hear opinions on is the value of stressing plants - i got a grow book years ago from amsterdam, and it says on absolutely no account to stress the plants when they are growing. I couldn't resist smoking a few leaves over the summer in times of drought, but i made sure i only took bits of one of the plants so the other one was completely unstressed - the thing is, the buds on the plant i stressed are about three times the size of the puny ones on the plant i didn't touch??!!? anyone know why? they are both the same strain, planted at the same time, grown and watered in the same conditions..

6. you could of topped the plant while taking a sample bud, making more bud sites growing out?