Don't Legalize Weed.

Discussion in 'General' started by InhaleSomeKush, Jun 14, 2012.

1. ive always agreed that legalization was a bad idea. we want it decriminalized so it doesnt become ruled by corporations like tobacco.

2. I'll take decriminalized and be fine with it. I'm just sick of it being put on your record that you smoked a little weed, making you unable to get jobs.

3. [quote name='"notajew"']I'll take decriminalized and be fine with it. I'm just sick of it being put on your record that you smoked a little weed, making you unable to get jobs.[/quote]

When jobs pull up your record r they able to see misdemeanors?? Or do only felony's come up?

4. They can see both, everything above a disorderly conduct I believe.

5. Haha I enjoyed the video. Wish there was more videos like this :p

6. Decriminalization is sketchy..

It'll make it like Hemp..

You can own it.. Sell it..

But not produce it? Da fuq??

7. [quote name='"I Grow Dro"']Decriminalization is sketchy..

It'll make it like Hemp..

You can own it.. Sell it..

But not produce it? Da fuq??[/quote]

nah man. Who said that? It would just remove the title of being a controlled substance. Just like any other plant.

(Correct me if i'm wrong)

8. It needs to be legal in the same sense that it's legal to grow and eat tomatoes.

Just because something is "legalized" that doesn't mean corporations are going to ruin it.

9. Decriminalization

10. Ya I believe your wrong.

Legalizing it does that.

Decriminalizing means your just not gunna get thrown in jail for simple possession.

California among other states already is decriminalized.

11. The official term for what Portugal did is decriminalization- I think the US should do it just like that and see what happens. If it doesn't work, then you go back to the drawing board.

12. i don't care what you call it, just let me grow that shit in my back yard without throwing me in jail..

13. Legalization

14. #15 DDV, Jun 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2012
    [quote name='"I Grow Dro"']

Ya I believe your wrong.

Legalizing it does that.

Decriminalizing means your just not gunna get thrown in jail for simple possession.

California among other states already is decriminalized.[/quote]

No, california has decriminalized it to some extent. Not full decriminalization. 28 grams or less will get you an infraction, with no jail time and possibly a $100 fine. To my understanding, full decriminalization means no penalty for using or possessing it. Basically it means it's tolerated to some extent, but its still illegal.

Legalization removes the law itself so there's no law against it.

Which is why I say california has decriminalized it to an extent. After all decriminalization just means you don't get a criminal record for it :)

15. I read in amsterdam.. If you get caught with a drug they just put you in drug classes.. So it's just supplementing one for the other.

And if you could do everything under Decriminalization what would make it different than legalization?

16. what's the point of turning the other cheek (basically) when somebody has it, yet you can't let them buy it in a store or grow it? that means people are still buying off the streets and helping fund some of the worst drug cartels we've seen in quite some time.. :rolleyes: just fucking legalize the shit..

17. [quote name='"I Grow Dro"']

I read in amsterdam.. If you get caught with a drug they just put you in drug classes.. So it's just supplementing one for the other.

And if you could do everything under Decriminalization what would make it different than legalization?[/quote]

I mean you could still get in legal trouble if it was decriminalized, because like I said its still illegal. Like for example in amsterdam, its illegal but tolerated. If it were to be legalized there would be no law regarding marijuana so it would be treated just like any other plant.

IMO decriminalization is the better choice, simply because you're free to use it discreetly but there are also laws put in place to control it so it doesn't get out of hand. It sort of like sex, if you're gonna do it do it in private :p

18. It would completely REFRESH the US economy if it was legalized.

Seriously hundreds of thousands of jobs easily.

Such a broad industry man.

19. [quote name='"Rebel Eye"']what's the point of turning the other cheek (basically) when somebody has it, yet you can't let them buy it in a store or grow it? that means people are still buying off the streets and helping fund some of the worst drug cartels we've seen in quite some time.. :rolleyes: just fucking legalize the shit..[/quote]

Id rather not fund our shitty government and have them profit off of nature. You don't want to buy off the street? Grow a plant or two in the privacy of your home. Ironically, cops dont want to see big grow ops where drug cartels are profitting off of it, yet if it were taxed and regulated by the government they would have no problem with it.

The main issue here is money, thats what runs this country. And our government loves it. They feed off of you, you feed off of them