Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

dont know whats happening? :(

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by thatbakedbitch, Dec 31, 2012.

1. I've been smoking for a little over 4 years now and I've never had this issue. I'm a senior in high school so it might be a lot of stress from that but I've been having reeeeeeally bad anxiety lately.

my moms saying it may have something to do with pot and I don't necessarily disagree. the past few times I've gotten baked I've been super disoriented and nervous, been driving really bad n shit. it's weird as hell and I don't know what's going on. not feeling like myself.

I have a history of depersonalization with marijuana but this is definitely more like anxiety. just really stressed constantly, more so when I smoke.

this happen to any of you guys? what should I do?

anxiety runs in my family as well so idk if I should go to a doctor or anything? poop

2. Stop smoking and see if it goes away...? Trial and error

3. Uhm dont smoke and drive. That will cause anxiety

4. Ive also gone through some weird stuff with marijuana so I can relate... depersonalization, schizoid tendencies, even a high where I experienced multiple personalities.

I still smoke but each time I quit for a month or more (fully out of my system) and I reevaluated what weed meant to me and where it belonged in my life and how big of a role it should play. Also, and maybe more importantly, I reevaluate the rest of my life. It seems, for me at least, if Im having negative experiences with marijuana its because something in my life is out of balance (occasionally my smoking habit, occasionally an internal factor, occasionally an external factor). Anyways..I just fix that and return to light responsible cannabis use.

I suppose I went a little out of order...because the first thing you need to do is make sure youre getting quality bud from a reliable source. Low grade, old, moldy, laced, improperly flushed, or improperly cured marijuana can lead to very bad highs for me.

Peace :bongin:
    ..and I hope you can find a way to enjoy cannabis again

5. You must be doing it wrong then...

6. If you can find some, try a high CBD variety! CBD balances out the THC high eliminating the anxiety!

Cannabidiol inhibits THC-elicited paranoid symptoms and hippocampal-dependent memory impairment. (abst – 2012) Cannabidiol inhibits THC-elicited paranoid... [J Psychopharmacol. 2013] - PubMed - NCBI

Cannabidiol, a Cannabis sativa constituent, as an anxiolytic drug. (full – 2012)
    [FONT=&quot]Revista Brasileira de Psiquiatria - Cannabidiol, a Cannabis sativa constituent, as an anxiolytic drug[/FONT]

What Are High CBD Marijuana Strains? | Potfessor.com

Granny :wave:

7. I smoke and drive at least once a day. definitely not usually a worry.

8. I'm sorry that's funky :(
    thanks for the advice

9. It's probably in ur head. Anxiety feeds of more anxiety. Remember the moments when you feel fine; and then when you have a wave remember the situation you're in is identical to the one when everything seemed ok.. Anxiety is a funny thing to tackle head on, you really have to keep yourself occupied, and just forget about it.

I think your fine.. we have all been there! message me if u want to talk i kind of relate

10. Also its a good idea to not self-diagnose symptoms. Stay away from forums if u can. They will only make you more anxious and paranoid.

11. I think shes saying she has anxiety when shes sober and that it gets worse when she smokes

12. I've found that heavy chronic use causes me to have anxiety. On the other hand, occasional toking is just fine. So that's what I do.

13. Yeah, thats what i do, so i actually mark my ipod calendar for days im gonna get stoned, it saves hella weed, and keeps my tolerance low

14. OP will you marry me?

15. If so then she needs to solve the problem sober in able to enjoy it high. Internal conflict happens to a lot of smokers.

16. may I ask why?

17. [quote name='"rugbyladosc"']It's probably in ur head. Anxiety feeds of more anxiety. Remember the moments when you feel fine; and then when you have a wave remember the situation you're in is identical to the one when everything seemed ok.. Anxiety is a funny thing to tackle head on, you really have to keep yourself occupied, and just forget about it.

I think your fine.. we have all been there! message me if u want to talk i kind of relate[/quote]

Sees a girl on the forum

Tells her to pm him

18. #18 Ajax7, Jan 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2013
    Same thing happened to me a year back, after I got busted by the cops. I have social anxiety and I used weed to alleviate it. Well, no longer. The whole cop ordeal really traumatized me, and from that day on weed triggered my anxiety. The first time I smoked after being caught I smoked with several friends, and I completely TRIPPED OUT. I got completely consumed by the anxiety and I got too terrified to talk to anyone. When I saw a car coming towards us in the street, I would run for my life because I was convinced that they would judge me or figure out i'm high. Uggh. Bad memories. Looking back on it, I feel running for my life probably gave away my highness, lol.

Even now, weed still triggers my anxiety, but to a way lower degree. After getting busted, only smoking with other people would trigger it because my anxiety is centered around people's judgements. Obviously my therapist would not help me with this issue, so I had to tackle it myself. For the first month back to smoking, I smoked by myself (no anxiety), then I worked up in steps, going from smoking with my best friend, then 2 close friends, and so on. Now i'm able to smoke with people I know with low anxiety, but if I smoke with strangers the weed will still trigger a massive anxiety attack.

And now to actually answer your question, studies and personal experience show that weed can trigger or worsen anxiety, permanently. My friend who used to smoke weed had generalized anxiety disorder, until she had a panic attack one day while smoking. Every time after that, she would get a panic attack after smoking. So I would be very careful with smoking, especially if your family has a history of any type of anxiety (mine does too). If you still want to smoke, which you probably do, remember to always smoke in places that you feel VERY comfortable. That way, there will be few things that can set off your anxiety and permanently affect the way you smoke.

Wow. I wrote alot. This is just one of those things that is personal and important to me, I guess.

19. I started smoking marijuana when I was 12 self medixstinf aftwr mynfathers death.
    I smoked just to be high and forget things I had a jprrible experiwnxe in hs jorrivle and also used mj throughout that.. I remembee just after graduation smoking and then habingnthe hugest anxiety attackcof my life had to pull over felt like I couldnt breath.. now everytime I smoke I get horrible anxiety.. derealization everything looks fake and staged. Everyone looks hideous esp me... I basically lock myself in my apt and regret getting high.... I still love mj I jist dont think I need its medicinal effects at this point in my life now being 21 I have very ambition and drive to make something of myself. I have a family to start and maintain and I feel marijuana doesnt have any place for me right now. S

20. nah man not like that at all :cool: