Don't know what to do

Discussion in 'General' started by Alt6767, Sep 16, 2016.

1. So the other night I got caught with less than a gram and a pipe by campus PD. I'm in Raleigh, NC btw. They made it seem like I'd get off with just a conduct council meeting but then came back and gave me a ticket for possession and paraphernalia. My court date is for next month so I need to figure out how to handle it. I'm 21 and this is my first offence, I've never even gotten a speeding ticket. So now I'm trying to decide if I need to get a lawyer; I'm broke so if I do I'll need to get a part time job and maybe pull a few strings to get the funds. Or if I should ride this out and do the class the cops told me I could do to get it erased. I also live over 4 hours away from Raleigh and am doing a summer semester overseas next year so I don't know how those will affect the class.

I'm just kinda hoping someone here can give me a bit more perspective on my situation.

Also I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, I've never used this site before.

2. just go to court

• Like Like x 2
  3. Hey bud, I've never been caught with weed, but my friend got caught smoking a blunt on some on-campus trails. It's not a big deal, but you have to go through many, many, many hoops with the school. That was in late March, it's September and he just now finished all his meetings and tests. He has to join some clubs and go to narcotics courses but that's about it.

4. Get clean 9/10 they gonna ask if they test you will you pass and if you can you have a better chance at unsupervised probation , just a fine, or even getting it dismissed. Use college/ work as a excuse to get pitty from the judge if you have to. Though a lawer will greatly help cz probation would really suck
    That's just from my experience though I'm in another state

• Like Like x 2
  5. Yeah I don't intend to smoke until all this gets sorted out. Someguywithabong, do you know if he got a lawyer? I'm going to a free consultation probably tomorrow but of course they're gonna tell me I need a lawyer. The cops that caught me told me they would make a note that they thought I was a good kid for the judge. Do you know if your friend was put on probation? Classes and clubs are fine but probation would really mess up a lot of what I'm doing this year.

• Like Like x 1
  6. If you can get unsupervised probation all you have to do is pay fines and maybe a few hours of community service. No classes or piss test of that nature

7. He went completely clean, he smokes now, just occasionally though. He never hired a lawyer (as far as I know), he just had a court date, mandatory classes and drug tests, and that's about it. He's my current roommate rn, so if you need to know anything else I can ask. He's also a good kid, honors college, good grades, etc.

I go to UCF though, which is a massive ass school, so they probably don't have the resources to completely bone every student they catch smokin' weed.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Man I was kinda hoping you were also in NC, they may not be as tolerant here.

Fupa- thanks for the info. Was yours Possession and Paraphernelia as well?

9. #9 Fupaslayer09, Sep 16, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2016
    Possession and I got unsupervised prob.,,,, I won't say what state I'm in cz I'm just paranoid like that but I'm almost 100% sure it's worse here I used college in my favor and it was my first offense also... It's mainly on the judge but like they say different strokes for different folks... I think you have a good chance though.. if you don't like what they say just ask to get a lawyer and they should reschedule
    And if he really left a good note then better for u

10. Oh, so I can go to this first court date and if I don't like what he tells me then I can opt for a lawyer after that? I was thinking it was one or the other. Go alone and take what they give me or get a lawyer to sort it out..

• Like Like x 1
  11. Not 100% sure on that; that's y I said they should but you never no cz the system might be Lil different there. I'm on my 2ND one now and when I talked to the prosecutor I optioned for a court appointed lawyer and they rescheduled it for two months later and they said I still have a chance at getting it dropped hopefully I don't jinx it lol
    Expect the worst hope for the best.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Go "catch" campus PD in their personal life having sex and blackmail the person who is breaking the law to a worse extent than smoking weed. End his career.

13. Just deal with it. The entire country is moving toward legalization. The prohibition is at its end. So even say God forbid you get it on your record. Like here in mass when shit changes and the law changes to anyone over 21 can grow smoke etc , everyone with a prior offense on the their record wiped clean. I'm surprised they even bothered you , cops in mass couldnt care less at this point. Why bust anyone when everything that hits the courtime now

• Like Like x 1
  14. Anything that hits the court now will not even make it , they'll just continue the case till the law passes.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Yeah where I'm from they could care less. Might say "don't do that here" but that's about the worst of it. I'm not sweatin about future implications, more of just the current inconvenience of whole ordeal. The lack of money and possible probation is what bothers me, also who knows what housing will do. Thanks for the help guys.

• Like Like x 1
  16. All depends on your state and the judge if you get probation with mandatory drug tests you cant leave the state never mind the country.

You should just get a lawyer.

• Like Like x 2