Don't know many classic rock band help me out

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by vincanity, Oct 5, 2010.

1. So ive been listening to some classic rock lately and i love but dont know many bands or songs. some bands ive heard of are zepplin pink floyd the who and alice in chains. what are some other bands or songs like that or any websites i can find some good music too thanks for the help blades

2. You may want to check out this thread *OFFICIAL* Rate the song above you [CLASSIC ROCK]. There's several different Classic Rock acts to check out. :wave::smoke:

3. The Doors, Canned Heat, CCR, Crosby Stills & Nash, The Band, Jefferson Airplane, Jimi Hendrix Experience, Doobie Brothers, Rolling Stones, Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers, The Yardbirds, Cream, SRV and Double Trouble, Rory Gallagher, The Sonics, The Kinks, The Clash, Velvet Underground, Steppenwolf, The Cramps, The Zombies, The Byrds, The Animals, The Allman Brothers Band, Lynyrd Skynyrd, ZZ Top, Bad Company...

to name just a few :smoke:

4. Boston's always good.

Try searching on the radio (yes, those still exist), most towns have a classic rock station. I'm lucky enough to have two :cool:

5. Do this

6. Grateful Dead
    You're welcome.

7. Blue Oyster Cult

8. #9 teh_biscuit, Oct 6, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2010
    Iggy Pop, The Doors, Joy Division, AC/DC, Black Sabbath, The Ramones, Rush, Sex Pistols, Sublime, Santana, Scorpions, Rage Against the Machine, Red Hot Chili Peppers, David Bowie, The Cure, Depeche Mode, Information Society, Happy Mondays, Nirvana, Radiohead, Johnny Cash, The Who, Weezer, The Sundays, Smashing Pumpkins.

Some are Not Necessarily Classic Rock, but deserve a mention.

9. :confused:

10. go on slacker.com and select the classic rock station... always has a great mix

11. Moody Blues, Rolling Stones,The Animals, The Yardbirds, The Guess Who, Frank Zappa, Cream, Buffalo Springfield, The Doors, Fleetwood Mac, Jimi Hendrix Experience, Band of Gypsies, Amboy Dukes, Iron Butterfly, Jeff Beck Group, Faces, Simon and Garfunkel, Steppenwolf, Spirit, T. Rex, Van Morrison, Alice Cooper, The Band, Bob Seger System, Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Grand Funk, Humble Pie, James Gang, Jethro Tull, Johnny winter, Joni Mitchell, King Crimson, MC5, Mott The Hoople, Neil Young, Poco, Savoy Brown, Yes, Zephyr, Allman Brothers, Black Sabbath, Chicago, Dave Mason, Traffic, David Bowie, Delanie and Bonnie, Derek and the Dominoes, Elton John, Eric Clapton, Hot Tuna, JJ Cale, James Taylor, Santana, Sir Lord Baltimore, Ten Years After, Wishbone Ash, UFO, Carole King, Cat stevens, Don mclean, Electric Light Orchestra, Leaf Hound, Leon russell, Little Feat, New Riders of the Purple Sage, Rory Gallagher, Thin Lizzy, ZZ Top...and many more

12. Grateful Dead, Allman Brothers, Pink Floyd, Jefferson Airplane, then alot mentioned above

you could explore the Dead and Floyd foreverrr

13. DEEEEEEP PURRRRPLE!!!!!!! And Uriah Heep!

14. The Byrds, Mody Grape, Captain Beefheart, Fairport Convention(their singer Sandy Denny was the only person to ever add vocals to a Zeppelin record), the Pretty Things, the Kinks, CSNY, T Rex, the Flying Burrito Brothers, Velvet Underground, the Zombies, the Beach boys, Derek and the Dominoes, Cream, Donovan, Neil Young, and the Rolling Stones.

15. The Allman Brothers Band
    Cream
    Led Zeppelin
    The Rolling Stones
    The Grateful Dead
    Steely Dan
    Frank Zappa
    The Doors
    Lynyrd Skynyrd
    Jeff Beck
    ZZ Top
    The Jimi Hendrix Experience
    Little Feat
    The Who
    The Yardbirds

16. this songs good, i liked it and i dont listen to rock ever
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iw7qS9OCAPc]YouTube - Focus - Hocus Pocus[/ame]

17. Ha how much you wanna bet that he/she is probably under 18?

18. I think they were questioning Alice in chains as a classic rock band. Because the two are underlined