Dont keep them in your pocket

Discussion in 'E-Liquids & E-Juice, E-Cigarettes' started by nikkibonddd, Oct 27, 2015.

1. I love my ecig. Probably too much..

I quit smoking a while ago and started vaping. Absolutely love to vape, but I would keep my pen in my pocket and quickly began using it 24/7.

About a week in I had it in a spot next to bed so familiar to me that I would reach for it instinctually when I woke up like an alarm clock. Sometimes I would even fall asleep with it in bed with me. Good thing it wasn't a real cigarette!

Anyway, now I only smoke it outside like I used to with real cigs and the cravings are starting to die down a bit. The oral fixation was getting ridiculous too.

I'm not alone right?

2. nope. im vaping 24/7. i love tht damn thing. im worried tht they'll disvoer tht its harmful after all tho

3. Definitely not alone, I'm attempting to transition from cigs to vape.

4. it's a process tht can take months but eventually ull be disgusted with cigarettes. i cant stand the taste or smell of them anymore. and worst of all is the horrible smell it leaves on your fingers

• Like Like x 1
  5. Camel lights still have their hold on me but I am making progress. Just like everyone who wants to quit, I wish I never started.

6. #6 Superpurpleskunk, Oct 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2015
    They are full of chemicals and just as bad as cigarettes. I see people that were smoking 1 pack a day, switched to vape, and now use the nicotine equivalent of 2+ packs a day! People hang them around their necks, and suck on them like a pacifier all day long. Just quit nicotine all together, no cigs no vapes.
    Best and quickest way is cold turkey, the longer you make the withdrawal process the harder it will be to quit.

7. I vaped a ton for the first while...likely overcompensation...now I find myself doing so less and less...

I still enjoy it, and use it a lot, but my juice consumption has gone down a lot in the last while...

Working on making the transition to zero nic right now...until I get to that point, I'm not gonna worry too much about how much I vape...just happy to be a few months free of cigs after over 20 years being hopelessly addicted to them...

8. I hear these stories of people going higher on nicotine but never seen it in person, everybody I know in person, my self and on this site goes down in nicotine,
    you see with the progression of vaping myself included who wasn't looking to quit but stop the cigarettes, wants more vapour (not nicotine) when they have there fix but with bigger clouds comes bigger throat hit and nicotine, so the levels drop to mainly 3mg or lower,
    I remember when I first got my RDA I only had 12mg nicotine and a few toots on that my fingers would get all buzzy and I'd get a sickly feeling but I soon went out and dropped to 3mg but every now and then when there's times of stress I may dabble in a bit of 6mg
    Also Yes chemicals but not carcinogens or a vastly reduced amount, in the UK the NHS has started to give them to people for free,

9. Public Health England has also released an evidence review study where the BBC reports that they find "E-cigarettes are 95% less harmful than tobacco and could be prescribed on the NHS in future to help smokers quit"

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploa...

10. #10 jay719, Oct 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2015
    They do not have near as many chemicals as cigarettes. Vape juice is pretty simple, just nicotine, pg, vg, and flavorings. Compared to over 4000 chemicals in cigarettes to say they are the same is a very far stretch. While it is true nicotine still isnt the best thing in the world it is hardly as bad as all of the tar and various other crap in cigs.

11. no, not alone!

12. not alone.

i had to hat ciggs more then i loved them to finaly stop. the smell it left on you, the taste and how expensive it is finaly worked.

the only reason i do an e-cigg is for the THC juice my broski makes. i still don't use it all that often though.

13. #13 Superpurpleskunk, Oct 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2015
    Maybe nobody remembers that cigarettes used to be marketed in a way that promoted them and said they were harmless!
    The vapor from these e-cigs contains formaldehyde, which is a known human carcinogen and exists in tobacco smoke too, and some of these e-cigs have even more of it!
    The same thing will happen to the vapes, everybody is going to get addicted to them and then the government will come out with this info about how bad they are (even though they knew all along) and then offer everybody a new product. Its just how the world works. Its like how the WHO just came out and said processed meat can increase the risk of cancer, but me and plenty of other people have known that all along. The sheep will follow where they are led.

14. I have broken many cheap e-pens by keeping them in my pocket 24/7 vaping.

15. That's the only ingredient that comes in at a higher rate, 1,
    Nobody said there safe?!? Just that there better than cigarettes which they are,

16. nicotine does have its downsides. but the absolute biggest risk is the smoke itself, tht's what we're trying to avoid

if youre in a burning building youre supposed to get on the ground as to not inhale smoke. yet ppl voluntarily breath all the carcinogenics to get to the nicotine

17. #17 jay719, Oct 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2015
    By the way, at lower voltages most e-cigs actually produce no formaldehyde. These "research studies" that lead to the formaldehyde scare were done by testing pens at high voltage repeatedly until they basically dry burned. It's the same bs testing methods used to say that cannabis will kill brain cells.

18. Nicotine, is a stimulant very similar in composition to caffiene. While stimulants can be overused, most lower level variants don't cause a lot of damage. Many vapers transition to lower levels of nic, due to the weening off combustion.
    The cases where eliquids contain formaldehyde, were improper and not how users partake. I know few people trying to burn their liquid or cotton. During normal usage, there is no danger of formaldehyde.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

19. Honestly I use my vape all day, the only exception being when I am in class. I have not really noticed many bad affects of it yet, so I see no reason to slow down! Of course they have been proven to be bad when the cotton is burning, but I think we all could have guessed that in the first place.[​IMG]

20. i was a 2 pack a day smoker for 8 years, switched to vaping with some 18mg juice, quit the cigs cold turkey (over a month ago now) and i started vaping religiously... now ive toned down the vaping... don't think about it as much so its not in my mouth constantly, ive stepped down the nicotine to 10mg from 18 and any tobacco/clove product smells like death to me. 0 desire to smoke a cigarette, i feel completely liberated. the trick is to NOT find the flavor you absolutely love, because mildly bland flavors have kept me from going totally crazy with it.