Dont Hate Me For What I Am About To Say...

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by thincrustpizza, Jun 21, 2014.

1. #1 thincrustpizza, Jun 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2014
    ...I think I smoke too much weed.

Before you tell me I'm crazy for saying such a thing, let me give you a little background information. I type this at 4:22 in the morning on the second day of a voluntary tolerance break. This is the first time in 3 years I have not consumed some form of cannabis for more than a day. I started smoking when I was 13 years old, smoking only once a month/every few months. I enjoyed it, but it wasn't something that I was TOO focused on. Starting my freshman year in highschool I began to notice a tolerance. With my first job the same year came more money, and with more money came more weed. I began to smoke every day, a bowl or two, maybe a horribly rolled joint. The following summer I was introduced to the finer things in life when an upperclassmen smoked me out some of his premium (for the time) Green Crack, supposedly transported from the shores of California all the way to the Midwest. Before this, I only had access to mid grade/maybe lower quality kush. After a few rips of that Green Crack...I was in love. My sophomore year I blossomed into a full blown marijuana connoisseur (by my own standards, ha) and began smoking quality kush with probably double the potency of the mids i was used to. I developed a strong tolerance not long after and started smoking 2-3 grams a day. A year went buy and I was in the middle of my junior year. I lived in a small town at the time and smoking was just becoming more accepted among most of the students, so I tried to make friends with as many fellow stoners as I could. Because of this I started to smoke more socially, and started smoking more in the range of 5-7 grams a day with weekends and holidays moving more towards 14-20 grams a day. (That might sound ridiculous to some, but bear with me) By my senior year I was averaging around a quarter a day, usually matching friends bowls or blunts. I also came across edibles and concentrates for the first time and began to experiment heavily with these new mediums. Since then I have cut it back to about 4 grams a day with occasional wax or a few brownies. After a talk I had with a teacher of mine from elementary school concerning weed (in which she told me she "occasionally toked up to relieve stress" YES!) I have begun to finally realize that too much really is a thing and I need to lower my cannabis intake, if not for my productivity, at least for my wallet. 

So back to my tolerance break...I haven't slept in almost 48 hours, and I have stomach cramps with a headache like a nail through the top of my head to boot. Not only have I not slept, but I have not been able to eat more than a small sandwich yesterday and some cereal today. I normally attend the gym every day (after a dab or two), the last two days...no such luck. I would more than likely throw up if I attempted anything to strenuous. I've been trying my best to stay hydrated, but i'm hoping someone will be able to give me some advice on at least easing the withdrawal symptoms. That's why I have come to you, grasscity, I want to know how much you smoke on a daily basis, and I would love to hear your stories about your experiences (if any) with withdrawal and consuming too much affecting your daily life. 

EDIT (When I said 14-20 on weekends I didn't mean both Saturday and Sunday EVERY weekend. Usually smoked a huge amount either fri., sat. or sun., and that happened maybe once a month. Didn't mean to overestimate.)

2. Definitily didnt smoke as much in a day but i used to smoke around a gram a day, everyday and after taking a break the first week is hell on my appetite and sleeping. Every night id be tossing and turning trying to find a comfortable position but its almost impossible. I also go to the gym and when my appetite is fucked i have no energy because i cannot eat a thing in the mornings without a bowl.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy S4 Active

3. I used to be in your situation, I smoked about 2 grams a day when I was 13, so yeah. Eventually my parents figured it out. They made me stop, and you know I did really notice that it was effecting me. I stopped for 3 months when I was 14. It was a sucker, withdraw. Headaches, dizziness, I even puked once, and honestly the worst part was the mood swings. I felt like I was going insane. The worst of it wore off in about 3-5 then just some drowsy under the weather, I don't want to get out of bed feeling for a week or so.

Just don't give up! Believe me, if you just have the once a month joint or brownie or two, you will not only, have more money, but you will feel great, and your tolerance will fade if you wait a month or two. By the moment, I'm 22 and I have a couple to few joints a month, or when I get a big nag. I never go over 4 grams a month, you might think I'm crazy, but take my advice, believe me, you don't want to become the old fat stoner who does 20 grams a day, and lives off of social security.

Hope I was a help,

Gabe

4. Dude, who's gonna hate you for saying you smoke too much weed? Weed can be abused just like anything else.

Aspirin and Gatorade/Powerade. And just willpower. Good luck, man and I hope you find balance with Mary Jane soon.

5. @[member="cball"]

all I gotta say.

6. #6 chzdgg, Jun 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2014

I don't believe your story

There's no way you could've possibly been able to afford buying that much at the age of fifteen. You would have to be making like $400-500 a week to afford that bud. 5*5 = 25 + 15*2 = 55 grams a week

7. i like your name, man. i mean im not that fond of thin crust pizza, but i think its a creative screen name.

8. #8 thincrustpizza, Jun 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2014
    I was also selling. I wasn't sure whether or not to include that in a post on a forum. And I was 17 at that point, not 15. I had enough money from working and distributing to support my habit. I totally understand it sounds outrageous but it's the truth. 

9.  haha thanks man I was tripping when I had to come up with a screen name and there was a commercial for pizza on the TV so naturally it was the only thing I could think of.

10. How the fuck do you smoke half an ounce a day? Do you just smoke 14 1g blunts back to back or what?

I stopped smoking weed a couple months ago. But i had been smoking every day, 3-5 times a day(well night, really) for the past 3 years and an eighth, 3.5g would last me 2 weeks, every time i bought it. Stayed high all night every night. Smoked bowls/bongs. And yes i had a pretty high tolerance.

It always blows my mind how some people can/have to smome such rediculous amounts. Where does a high school kid even get the kinda money to buy 1 pound of weed every month?

Sent from my XT1080 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. Cutting down will drastically improve your life.

I was there once too, smoking over an eighth a day and only able to eat when stoned and never able to sleep unless stoned.

Now I'm at less than a gram a day and feel normal.

12. I hate you OP!

Just kidding. But seriously, I know you smoke too much weed! 14-20 grams per day! That's fucking nuts!

13. There was period of my life back in the 80's when I smoked everyday for about 5 years. I don't remember much of the 80's

14. TL;DR I hate you.

15. How the fuck did you afford a half ounce a day in high school

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

16. OP wanted to be Rastafarian; OP failed

17. Not everyone was broke as fuck in high school.... some people took advantage of the opportunity to make money and get high ;)

but what's the point in this thread? to complain about quitting smoking?

18. Thats what made me start to question what I was doing. I looked back and can barely remember most of my high school career.

Haha THANK YOU. And yeah honestly, haha I just wanted to hear about other peoples experiences.

19. Haha I do now! There was a good stretch where all I did was get high so you got me on that one. But no ones! Ha if you had to suck dick for weed I definitely would have never started smoking!

20. Thankfully, I have never had any sort of reaction to taking a break from cannabis. I know not everyone is like this, so I won't stress that too much.

My advice? While I don't understand what you're going through, I can say that it will pass. Hang in there. It really doesn't take that long for your tolerance to drop significantly and as long as you only consume in moderation and don't go overboard, your tolerance should stay fairly low for a while. When I started consuming after a 3 year break for college, I'd take 2-3 hits from a glass pipe and be good for 2-3 hours and experience highs like I did back in 6th grade. LOL. As long as I didn't try to push myself to take more than I needed, it took quite a while before I started feeling like I needed to consume a little more.

So, fight through this the best you can. I'd say stay away from cannabis for a month or longer. Probably 3 months should do you well in terms of dropping that tolerance of yours. Once you start consuming again, I'd stay away from the concentrates so your tolerance doesn't go sky high again. I'd say go with high quality flowers. Less is more and you'll enjoy the flavors, subtleties/traits from each strain, etc. far more IMO. Just don't take 3 hits and be stoned and then take 3 more. You'll be setting yourself up for another tolerance break far earlier than you want, and after experiencing this, it should be a great reminder that you don't want to experience it more than you have to. Good luck.