Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

dont grind your weed?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by LittleL, Sep 23, 2012.

1. Hey..my friends and i are having this argument. Instead of grinding the weed and just piking it off them stem and putting it in the bowl doesn't give you less out of your weed than if you grinded it up right?

2. Yeah not grinding will give you less bang for you buck.

More surface area=more THC exposed

Ground bud burns more efficiently.

3. okay thanks! then can i ask you..if you do grind it up and put it in the bowl..whats stopping it falling down the tube or even worse, when you start to rip the bong, it being sucked through?

4. You'll still be burning the same amount of weed. The only difference is a grinder helps pack it in a bowl or joint easier/better. Grinder is always better imo just because of that.

EDIT: A screen will stop it for a bowl. Bong wise, it just falls into the water.

5. Screens, a bigger piece of bud that you don't grind up (kinda goes against what I said but it works lol). Some people use small pebbles, but I don't think I would do that w/ nice glass.

6. Buy a metal screen 5/$1

7. You can buy various kinds of filters at your local headshop or you could use the cheaper option and find yourself a small pebble to act as a stopper.

8. I grind when I smoke bowls out the bong
    I use my fingers for rolling
    you don't need a screen cause the weed wont go thru unless its burned

9. Dont pull 2 hard and usually it wont go thru. Or a screen

10. Thank you everyone!

11. If the bud is good enough you shouldn't need a screen.

good bud = lots of thc = sticky, just take your ground/ungrounded weed in whatever piece you prefer and pack it down.

Its not like your putting sand in a bowl, its more like putting bits and pieces of a sponge in a bowl. it wont go through unless you pull really hard.

12. [quote name='"TheWeedFiend"']If the bud is good enough you shouldn't need a screen.

good bud = lots of thc = sticky, just take your ground/ungrounded weed in whatever piece you prefer and pack it down.

Its not like your putting sand in a bowl, its more like putting bits and pieces of a sponge in a bowl. it wont go through unless you pull really hard.[/quote]

Very helpful, thank you!

13. The bud won't suck through. It isn't ground fine enough to fall through the hole. It may, however, suck through when it's cashed. :)

Also, ground weed burns much better. A friend and I had the same argument when he first began to smoke. I won the argument with this: If nugs burn better than ground weed, why are grinders immensely popular?

14. i feel like it tastes better and isnt as harsh if i dont grind it up.when i grind it up it burns faster too.i like it to burn slow and be smooth so i dont grind mine up.and also it doesnt fall in the water as easy if i break it up