Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Dont get good nights sleep when high?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by NewSmoke15, Nov 18, 2014.

1. For some reason when I go to sleep while high, I wake up the next morning feeling groggy and still tired. Does this happen to anyone else? Does anyone know why this is the case?

2. Some people describe it as "burnt out"...I personally only really get a good nights sleep if I am stoned, I smoke before bed every night, and usually a couple hits in the middle of the night when I wake up...Otherwise it is really hard for me to fall asleep and stay asleep. It doesn't really happen to me anymore since I am used to waking up after smoking but I do know the feeling

3. Yeah, thats a pot hangover. A cup of coffee, hot shower and a lttle exercise puts a stop to that.

4. I love that feeling. When I'm on vacation, I just smoke another joint. And another one and another one and another one. Depending on the strength of the cannabis, the time between joints varies to between two hours for schwag to three to four hours for the good stuff. I like to refer to it as...a rolling high. As in, one high just rolls into the next one. Good times.

5. well I'm pretty sure thc keeps you from getting rem sleep which is when your body gets most of its rest so that could be why

Skate.

6. Thanks for all the replies. :)

7. I never felt anything like that until I smoked some King's Kush to go to sleep at around 4:30am and I woke up around 9am feeling kinda weird. I never smoke Kush too so maybe it's the indica.

8. #8 Old School Smoker, Nov 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2014
    Yeah I'm practicing that too. My method is 6am-9am-12pm-3pm-6pm-9pm-12am (if i'm still awake). And if my weed supply holds out.

9. You just explained a majority of ufo theories.

10. Don't smoke so much at night, it's weed "hangover"

Sent from my LG-D160 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. wtf, WHAT?

12. Some people swear that taking Melatonin pills helps with:
    • falling asleep
    • waking up, feeling like you've got a restful sleep
    • waking up and not feeling groggy after a night of smoking weed
    I personally tried Melatonin for a variety of reasons and I can say that initially it did help feel well-rested and less groggy. After a few weeks I stopped noticing any benefit so I quit taking it. Its funny because ever since, I don't really feel groggy after a night of toking.

Whenever I take a tolerance break I usually have a few days that I experience problems falling asleep. Melatonin definitely helps me out in that situation but I've found that the best solution is [money/circumstances allowing] to avoid tolerance breaks and just smoke some more weed. :p