Dont fuck around in Massachusetts Airports

Discussion in 'General' started by GeoTokeR, Sep 22, 2007.

1. Student Charged With Wearing Fake Bomb At Logan

(WBZ)
    BOSTON Troopers arrested an MIT student at gunpoint Friday after she walked into Logan International Airport wearing a computer circuit board and wiring on her sweatshirt. Authorities call it a fake bomb; she called it art.

Star Simpson, 19, of Lahaina, Hawaii, had a white computer circuit board and wiring over a black hooded sweat shirt she was wearing, said State Police Maj. Scott Pare, the commanding officer at the airport.

"She said that it was a piece of art and she wanted to stand out on career day," Pare said at a news conference. "She claims that it was just art, and that she was proud of the art and she wanted to display it."

Simpson was charged with possessing a hoax device. A not guilty plea was entered at her arraignment in East Boston District Court and she was released on $750 bail.

She could face up to five years in prison or a $5,000 fine, if convicted.

"I'm shocked and appalled that somebody would wear this type of device to an airport," Pare said.

Simpson was "extremely lucky she followed the instructions or deadly force would have been used," Pare said. "She's lucky to be in a cell as opposed to the morgue."

"They showed amazing restraint, which may not have been there if she'd moved or if she'd tried to hide the explosive," said former FAA agent Bryan Sullivan.

http://wbztv.com/topstories/local_story_264104114.html

This proves my theory that you can be so smart that your retarded :D. Really, wtf was she thinking? The best quote from the artical is "She's lucky to be in a cell as opposed to the morgue.". Yeah, we dont fuck around in airports around here lol

2. That woman has a computer on her chest!
    Shoot her!

3. Thats no human.....

Its a cyborg!!!!

Shoot it!

Yea- she was pretty dumb for doing that.

4. Yeah, but what you gotta realize is Logan Airport is the place where 2 of the 4 9/11 hijacked Airplanes came from. They really dont fuck around there anymore.

In all reality, she should have been brought down. Com'mon she has a circut board on her chest and is carrying a ball of clay. If i was any Airport security officer, i would have reacted the same way. Thats like pointing a realistic airsoft gun at a cop. They dont know the difference. Better safe than sorry.

5. Waht an idiot. Sure its "art" but the airport isnt the place to display it. HUmans these days.

6. Artists would understand. Who the fucks cares, it wasnt a bomb and no one got hurt. Is it worth your tax dollars to put an innocent person behind bars for 5 years?

What real bomber in their right mind would display a bomb so obviously. Think about it..

:hello:eric:hello:

7. shes a fucking idiiiiiiot.

what kind of human would display a bomb so obviously?

i dunno, why dont you ask the thousands of iraqis, lebanese, chechnyans, vietnamese, irish, and countless others who have. most tend to not give a shit when theyre so willing to die for something that they have cast aside the value of their own lives.

to clarify, this girl is a dumbass. shes lucky she didnt get shot.:smoking:

8. Because countless iraqis go through the United States airports, with bombs strapped to their chest.:rolleyes:

Maybe they do it when all they have to do is walk outside, but not through high security airports. Its just logic...

:hello:eric:hello:

9. how could an MIT student be so retarded..

10. Good for her. People like her will save the world one day.

11. I agree... although what she did probably wasn't the smartest decision and I don't think I would ever walk into an airport with something that looks like a bomb strapped to myself. However, I don't believe she should be imprisoned or punished.... the fact is that it wasn't a bomb, was not capable of exploding or causing harm to anyone. The officers at the airport responded correctly by detaining her and making sure there was no threat, but she shouldn't be charged with a bomb hoax. If it really was art and she was just displaying it, then no crime was committed. They can't call it a "fake bomb" if that wasn't what it was made for or what the intention was.

12. ....If people like her will save the world I don't want the world saved.

I mean really, you can get in trouble for saying "bomb" in an airport. This fucking moron should be locked up for being a fucking idiot.

If thats art, I'm an aardvark.

13. i think that people have to take into consideration the previous incidents and not be so dumb.....the situation could have ended worse, but it didnt. it was stupid on her part. even though it wasnt a bomb, she basically disturbed the peace.

14. There is a fine line between genius and retarded.

15. And she rides a unicycle down the middle of it.:D

Really though, is it possibal to be so smart that your actaully retarded?

16. Im actually more shocked at the fact that these officers were so ready to shoot her on sight. I mean shouldnt they weigh out the situation.

Re-read the article, they make the cops sound like some sort of Knight in shining armor, they make it sound as if they saved her life and cut her a break by giving her such a bullshit charge. Shes out on bail, meaning alot more moola is gonna be needed to get that charge off her back.

Fuck that.

17. i think she should have thought that shit through a little bit. seriously. and also something like this happened to some people who were promoting the aqua teen hunger force movie. in a handful of major cities they took circuit boards that had a shit load of wires and shit on one side and on the other side they had a bunch of little lights that looked like one of the mooninites giving the finger. in boston people flipped out because they thought it was a bomb. they ended up costing the city somewhere around a million dollars or something after it was all done (bomb sqaud coming in and shutting down a part of the city). so things that are harmless may seem incredibly dangerous. heres a link to the ordeal

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_Boston_Mooninite_scare

anyway. that chick should go to jail or get fined for being a retard.

18. Art or not, you have to be retarded to walk into an airport with wires and circut boards hanging on you.

19. Yes, for anybody who is more daring than you is certainly a moron. We have morons out there doing things that actually hurt people, I mean come on.

If that's NOT art, than you're an aardvark to me. Art is all about reactions and messages, she sent a message and got a reaction. Why would a bomber go to the airport with a visible circuit board on her chest? clearly she's not going to be able to board, so what, is she gonna bomb the duty-free shop?

That cop Pare sounded like a complete prick too.

20. I hope she's not an elecrtical engineering major.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]