dont drop out of highschool

Discussion in 'General' started by DISRUPT, Sep 23, 2005.

1. just a quick public service announcement...i havent been posting a lot lately, been trying to get my life back on track after i dropped out. but just a tip to all you guys who are still going to highschool; DONT DROP OUT. it'll be the worst decision of your life, and you will regret it every day after you drop out. i dropped out and i regret it every single day. you only have 1 shot at your education, don't blow it.

does anyone know any ways that i could get a valid high school diploma? i think im going to do night school for my GED, but thats still not the same as a diploma. i have decided that i actually do want to go to college, but its too late to go back to regular highschool[i think, its been around 1 year since i dropped out]any help would be appreciated.

and for everyone who still doesnt get the message, STAY IN SCHOOL, KEEP YOUR GRADES UP, YOU'LL BE OUT OF THERE EVENTUALLY AND YOU WILL HAVE SO MANY MORE OPTIONS IN LIFE WITH YOUR DIPLOMA.

2. i feel you man im a fucking drop out to and i go by everyday sitting in front of my comp with no job,its fucking terrrible but it my dumbass fault for doing what i did and now im paying for it.STAY IN SCHOOL!!:cool:if u wanna be cool....fuck it that was gay but stay in school

3. Hey,

I, as well, dropped out of high school. I have regretted it ever since. There are teenagers at the work-place who are failing high-school and simply refuse to try, and are contemplating dropping out. I tell them that it will be the biggest mistake of their life. But, of course me being a drop-out myself, I apparently am just a dumbass that doesn't know anything. As of the moment, I am taking online courses to get a high-school diploma. If you need a diploma, go to www.educationdirect.com to get yourself set up. They send you subjects in the mail, and you can take your tests either online, on the phone, or through the mail. I am trying one step at a time to get the life back that I THREW AWAY in my early years. If only I had done my homework, this all could have been avoided...heh. Peace.

-Timmy

4. I dropped out too, but I don't regret it.

5. I totally agree. I dropped out of highschool cause of family reasons, then just boged like half a year away. It set me back a whole year, and it was ten times harder to get out of the rut I was in. And the nightclasses where killer, especially while holding down a job. Keep your head straight kids. Alot of my stoner buddies won't be very succesfull due to lazyness. Just think how much you can grow & smoke living in a decent suburb, not having to worry about anything except retirement. That's the life.

6. Hun my hubby and I went back to school years after we finished and you can do it on a GED.
    You might have to start out at a community college but you can transfer credits to other schools later. I started out in vocational training to get my foot in the door and went from there. Now I'm a state certified dental asisstant. I still have to take continuing education for my feild because it's required by law. I do that through the Ohio Dental Asociation and Ohio State University.
    My husband still has a year to go to finish his degree. His will be through Edison State Community College. IT WAS FREE! All we paid for were books. How great is that?
    I say if you really want it nothing can stop you.

7. What geetardude said about the online schooling, I suggest that some of my friends that are still in high school, or were i should say have been doing that and it works like a charm or you can also do that and then go to a college for certain classes and then do some online, on the phone or through the mail it all works, from what i hear from my friends that have done that or who are currently doing so

8. Yeah like yurburd was saying, community colleges will take anyone.

9. I droped out, but i dont regret it, caue i knew what i was doing. i honestly felt i learned all i could from a public school in los angeles. as a matter of fact, i learned more outside of school than i did in the classroom. high school is not for everyone.

10. Because of the way our country's education system is set up, it doesn't matter how much you learn in school. All that matters is whether or not you come out with a diploma/degree/whatever. That's it. You could have an IQ of 50 and cheat your way through high school and college, and once you have those pieces of paper simply saying that you completed high school and college, you're set. Those pieces of paper open up doors and opportunities that would be closed otherwise. Because no matter how smart you are, and how much you know, no one will give a shit if they don't see those papers.

It's a shitty system, yeah, but that's the way the cookie crumbles.

11. It is unfortunate that there is a distinct lack of desire to learn anymore. It wasn't until I got to college that I really started to value the knowledge I was receiving.

12. You see, it was shrooms that got me to truly appreciate learning.

13. It just so happens that I didn't start using drugs until I got to college. Thank you, psychedelics.

14. I had no idea so many of you dropped out, that sucks

im in first year of college and it blows ass but like hotsauc3 said "Just think how much you can grow & smoke living in a decent suburb, not having to worry about anything except retirement. That's the life."

And i cant fucking wait

15. i was about to drop out but i just hung in there and did the whole summer thing... ohh and around here they do this project succeed thing. anybody can do it and they get their normal hs diploma i would say to check and see if you can find a place with that project succeed setup and take the courses needed to graduate.

16. Yup I learned how to read, write, and learn in elementary school and some middle, and thats basically all I need.

17. my school was pretty tame and lackluster by most standards so i had a pretty easy time, but even so, i have a few drop out buddies, and they are all kicking themselves now, working at subway while trying to do night school. doesnt sound like my cup of tea. not my cup of tea at all. i dont drink tea.

18. ^^^ haha lol, yea tea sucks. Acually some is alright, but anyways. The fact of life nowadays is that you NEED a highschool dimploma. You are not going to be able to make a decent living otherwise. Now i highly agree that highschool isnt for everyone, I would even go far enough to say that highschool isnt for anyone! The learning structure and everything else is just ridiculous. For me school was always for of a fucking day care disicpline thing than anything else. The school work was ridiculosy easy, but the study skill is what got me.

So if your thinking about dropping out, try to find so alternative options. The best being online school, you would have no idea how fucking great it is working. Im currently doing it right now, and I can work a job and finish the days worth of school in the time before my buddies get home. I dont have to do school everyday either, I could acually do it 1 day a week if I did alot of work that day

Best of luck to whichever route in life you choose, peace.

19. Yeah , Im finishing up my credits in Homeschool. One of the best choices I've made. You can teach yourself at your own pace, get a REAL diploma, and earn credits TWICE as fast. My friends are goin' back to school.. I said what the hell? After you've gotten this great chance? Im going to stick with it, and work my ass off ! Get ahead of em.

I've got a friend who dropped out ... Its kind of sad because thats just the worse possible choice.

20. Yeah I didn't realize that so many people here were dropouts.

I am going to college next year and thought it would be a lot more fun because of the chill atmosphere and teachers treating students like adults (how it should always be). What dont you like about college?? Just the mass amount of work?