Don't believe everything you read :(

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by TheGreenNug, Oct 11, 2011.

1. Everyone....a moment of silence.... I'm pretty sure I just killed my plant's one and only daughter. I've been growing a clone for the last 2 months and it was nice and pretty, about a foot and a half tall but it had (what looked to be) some mold in the soil. I googled it and read on a forum that I should mix in some distilled white vinegar to get rid of the mold. I made a mix this morning without thinking twice and 8 hours later I come home to find every branch was hanging straight down. The only think still standing is the main stem. I flushed it immediately but I'm pretty sure it's not going to recover. I got back on google to find out what happened and found out vinegar is a natural weed killer. Her mother is still alive and is coming to the end of her flowering cycle so at least I'll have something to help me get over the loss. Does anyone know if I can cut some clones from the mommy after she's been flowering for almost 10 weeks?

2. hey keep flushing and stay with it you never know-STAY WITH IT AND ILL SAY A PRAYER

jB66

3. Thanks man. I'm not giving up on it yet but it just looks pathetic. I'm going to wait until tomorrow morning to see if it has improved at all. I might try and use one of the branches to make another clone.

4. My condolences. Please update us when her condition changes.

5. I'm sorry for your loss bro.

6. so what is the green stuff that be in the soil it be light green look like hair

7. You can take a clone from the flowering mother. It will take a little longer to put it back into veg stage. Give it a 24 hr dark period first and pay close attention to it. It should work out fine. Just don't feed it vinegar.

8. It be in the soil son? It be light green? It be lookin like green hair?

9. live and learn. now you know to bring your questions to grass city and wait for a few answers before you act. good luck. hope she makes it.

10. I checked on her this morning and she wasn't doing any better. I cut her down to about 6 inches and cut off most of the leaves/branches that were hanging straight down. I figured maybe if it was smaller it wouldn't take as much energy to repair itself. My only hope is that it will spur some new growth and I can work with that. Thanks blackxout I'll probably just end up cutting a new clone then. Better than starting from scratch and not knowing if it's going to be male or female. Lol and I won't give it vinegar this time.

Cloudy... I don't know what you're talking about. What I thought to be mold was white. It wasn't green and it didn't look like hair. After looking around on the web I found it could either have been mold or salt build-up. Salt looks more crystal-like and mold is fuzzy but even under 30x magnification I couldn't tell if it was salt or mold so I tossed in the vinegar to be safe (it wasn't safe).

11. Some gardeners will remove all of the dirt from the root ball, and dunk the entire thing in water for a bit (I don't know if this is viable for marijuana but hey what the hell...) to get over sever dehydration. Might clear off the roots and give it a fresh start? Also look into adding a bit of hydrogen peroxide to your water if something like that happens again. I've only used it twice and i used a teaspoon per gallon of water and it seemed to help. Again I don't know if it actually helped or if I just flushed the plant.

Here's a link I found just now

Mixing charts for gardening with hydrogen peroxide

Proceed with caution and above all else DON'T PANIC :)

12. i have heard the same about the dunking roots. you may want to try it as a last resort. get rid of all that vinegar infested soil and use fresh after cleaning off the roots.

13. Thanks for the suggestions. There's no turning around for this one. It's completely dead.

14. So I have a question about the clones from the flowering mom... Every branch has produced at least one flower so all of the clones I cut have little pop-corn flowers on them. Should I cut the flowers off or just let them be?