Donnie Darko

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Lewd, Mar 13, 2013.

1. If you love this movie , then tell about some of your favorite scenes :3

2. Never seen it, heard good things and bad things from various people. What's the scoop?

3. Basically if you have a good taste in movies you'll like it . If you like shitty movies you won't ;)

4. when you're high it's a great movie, my memorable parts was where the psychiatrist had him hypnotized and he almost whipped his dick out.

5. Ahaha , Donnie I need you to comeback now lol good fucking scene

6. "Donnie Darko what the hell kind of name is that. its like some superhero or something?

Donnie: What makes you think im not?

7. Ahahah lol good one , have you seen the newish movie about his sister ? Not his real life sister , I think it's called Samantha Darko . Pretty shitty xD

8. Frank and donnie in the movie theater. By far best scene. Fuckin love frank

9. You're acting like a total fuckass

10. Apparently, I like shitty movies. :(

I've never understood the appeal of this film. It relies heavily on unrevealed backstory to be understood, and while that was made available in later cuts & a written explanation... it still relies on acknowledging a fabricated alternate universe with rules of its own, to have impact on ours.

The soundtrack is undeniably awesome, mind you :)

11. The killing moon ! Yeah great songs !

And no , as long as you appreciate the good acting and story which makes it a good movie IMO . That's it , it doesn't (well actually it does) matter if you understand the story progression or plot

12. The scenario in which Donnie's little sister is doing her school skit in the auditorium while Donnie is off setting Patrick Swayze's house on fire stands out to me.

No..no...Notorious.