Done yet?

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by Private Stalk, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Trichomes on leaves next to buds are majority amber. Looks like calyxes are sucking back in hairs but hairs are yellow at best. No browning of hairs. Drinking less water and taking in less nutes. Nighg temps are cold.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. I’m probably just impatient af. They flowered first of Jan so last week of this month would put them on schedule but still wouldn’t more hairs be brown by now?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. They don't look like they'll be done for another 3-4 weeks honestly. Amber trichs on the sugar leaves are not a good indicator. You want to check the trichs on the buds themself. Also those pistils don't look receded and the buds aren't swollen. The pistils all look white too instead of orange.

Cutting any time soon is just going to be a waste of time due to low yield and potency compared to actually finishing this girl out. It'll be worth the wait! Otherwise you will get a subpar product and have to wait until next grow to get something better.

If you can wait until tonight when my lights are on I'll get a picture of a bud with receded/orange pistils and "swollen" buds.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Maybe 5% of hairs have browned overnight. So my guess is probably right on schedule for end of month.

And these hairs come out twisty looking from the get go. It also just smells so amazing I am being impatient lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. It's good to keep an eye on those, but I wouldn't go off hairs alone either. Always worth a shot posting more pictures when it's the end of the month and seeing what others think then too.

It's hard to be patient, I agree. Below are two different buds from different plants. You can see how the pistils are completely orange and how they are receding into the buds. I have about 10-20% amber on the buds at this point with 75% cloudy and about 5% clear.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1