Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Donating Whole Blood

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by IMAEREHW, Jan 27, 2009.

1. I am an avid contributor to my local community blood center. I have donated about 6 pints of whole red and 3 pints of platelets. I can only donate whole red blood now because of a complication i had last time with the platelets and the process it uses to extract them. So my question is, if I am also an avid smoker (about 3-4 times a week), do they screen for THC and throw my blood out if they target me? I think the answer is obvious, but in all of the pamphlets i have read before i donate, nothing is written about THC in the blood. Anyone know for sure?

2. I seriously doubt that they would. As far as i know there is no harmfull chemicals that marijuana releases into your blood so why would they waste their time, money and resources on testing the blood for marijuana. They are much more focussed on getting the blood to someone who needs it than if it is positive for weed.

3. That and you gotta think the THC might show some positive results in whomever is recieving the blood saying theres enough of it remaining in your blood stream lol