Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Donating Plasma

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Coldgreenetea, Jan 25, 2010.

1. our government is collecting the plasma because its the only weapon the covenant has against makind. someone should tell master chief.

2. I used to donate plasma, but I always felt like I was getting scammed. Getting paid very little for each visit, feeling absolutely drained after each visit, etc. turned me off to it all. Also, I heard that they sell each bottle of plasma for $300 (this is the amount they get from you each time you go)...especially after hearing that I'm done.

3. i heard giving plasma hurts more than giving blood. i heard it makes you arm feel pretty cold too. any truth?

4. yeah the needle is bigger for donating plasma

5. Really? I love the concept. You drink less and get drunker or smoke less and get higher. and you get paid, and you help out someone in need. It's actually a win-win-win-win situation.

Plus who gives a shit about some minor scarring if you can save someone's life?

Also - someone has to make a profit. You could just sell your plasma on the black market. Now THAT is some sketchy fucked up shit.

6. Always made my arm numb and fall asleep. And then whey they put the blood back into your body (after taking the plasma) it is ICE cold and you can feel it. Maybe the equipment at our place just sucked, but it was always ice cold.

The plasma needle is HUGE. And if they miss it sucks.

I had always been told I was saving the lives of burn victims and other people that need plasma, but then I heard they were selling most of the plasma to research companies they were doing weird testing with it and shit, so idk. I just never felt right doing it...I felt like I was selling a part of me...and well, I was lol.

7. i mean if u do it rite after u smoke like in a mater of milliseconds ya the blood would have alot of thc in it

8. I guess. Even if it's for research, I assume it's for some type of medical research, and without medical research we'd still be bloodletting in barber shops. It might not be directly saving someone's life, but hey you do what you can where you can.

9. I have a few homies who donate plasma on the regular. If I had a Social Security Card I'd do it too, but I don't.

10. im tellin you guys its the covenant. they're coming and we gotta get all the plasma we can.

11. You're selling your plasma; not donating it. But it would be cool if you did donate it.

12. my friend did it for a while and eventually got some gnarly bruises on his arms that hurt pretty bad from it.

i wouldnt do it, thats no way to make a living.

13. Yeah I do it twice a week. No I never got drug tested, I always smoke before it, because it makes everything better (woo). Last time, the nurse fucked up and knicked a vein and they had to switch arms, no problem though, I donated the whole thing just fine. I woke up this morning, and I notice there is a bruise that leads to my elbow from behind it. Pretty crazy, I'm just not gonna use that arm.

I haven't scarred yet, but they do give us here 50 bucks per donation, so 100 bucks a week. I think it's worth it compared to the guy that said he makes 50 per week in two donations.

14. At the place I sometimes go to donate plasma, they drug test you once a year. They don't test for pot or some other unmentionables, mostly just for prescription and OTC pills and the like. For those who don't know what you do, you go in, wait, they take your weight and ask you your typical blood donation questions, then you go get your arm stuck and kick it for about 45 minutes to an hour and watch a film if they put one on. It's not a bad time.

15. The way they put it at the place I go to is "you're donating your plasma, and we're compensating you for your time."

16. I really dont see the reason to drug test plasma donors, other than to deter junkies that give plasma. So it's moreso an asshole authoritarian rule that isn't enforced at all locations.

The plasma they get from you is pumped through a filter, removing all impurities and disease.

One of my peers was a severely-meth addicted homeless person who drank on an hourly basis, and they had no problem taking his plasma.

Been thinking about donating some myself. If they refuse me, no biggie, I'll just do what I always did before: Enjoy life, regardless. Fuck those puritans.

17. This is a pretty big bump from the op, but has anyone else experienced a clearer mind lasting a few days after donating plasma? I just started doing it to pay bills in college and have noticed that it makes it me more focused in general.