donating plasma

Discussion in 'General' started by tokin jax, Aug 31, 2012.

1. any of yall donate plasma? i just started, shit is pretty cake and i get paid 30 bucks to just sit around and do nothing, plus its kind of helping someone else out. when ur broke as fuck an extra 60bucks a week is the shit.:cool:

2. i was in the highest donor class.. so i g0t 50 the first five times.. i made 250 in like 3 weeks... but dont do that shit to much man, my friend has an arm that has nerve damage from that huge ass needle goin in the same spot so much

3. Yep I like it. I have an appointment at 12. The needle stickers(I'm not even going to try to spell their medical term) are always pretty cool people. It's the people at the front desk that annoy me. Make appointments whenever I can now that I have a job. Sometimes I get $50 sometimes I only get $20. Every little bit helps:)

4. yeah im just doing it for a little while until i can get a decent job. its the type of thing that if i didnt have to do it i wouldnt do it.

5. [quote name='"skimFL"']i was in the highest donor class.. so i g0t 50 the first five times.. i made 250 in like 3 weeks... but dont do that shit to much man, my friend has an arm that has nerve damage from that huge ass needle goin in the same spot so much[/quote]

I hate the ones that decide how much money you get by weight or whatever. At ours, everyone gets the same pay.

6. fosho, thats why i used to do it.. only because i was dead broke at one point

7. My sis just left to go do it..I never have though

8. I did this shit for over a year and now I have two scars from where the needle went in on each arm. After doing it long enough, I eventually got to the point where I was tired all the time and barely did anything active. I just had absolutely no energy, but I had to keep doing it to buy food, haha. The moral of this story is, don't do that shit any longer than you need to- it'll suck up all your energy. Plus, if your place is anything like mine, it's usually an hour+ wait.

phlebotomist :smoke:

9. yeah its at least an hr wait, at least they have a ton of tv's..

10. Haha, I dont know about yours, but mine relied on movies the employees would bring in. I think I watched Along Came Polly about 50 times.

11. [quote name='"i liketrees"']phlebotomist :smoke:[/quote]

Thank you :D

I've been giving for almost a year and I haven't had any complications. If I go a week or two without giving my needle marks are pretty much healed up and disappearing. Only problem I ever have is my iron or protein is often too low and they won't let me give. Giving doesn't make me that tired. I ride my bike home afterwards. I'll probably stop going soon though. I want tattoos:cool:

12. [quote name='"tokin jax"']yeah its at least an hr wait, at least they have a ton of tv's..[/quote]

Mine has a ton of plasma screen tvs but they said they were too cheap to pay for cable. So .. they're just off all the time.

13. Not a bad experience. My veins were having trouble keeping up towards the end, so I figured I just stop donating for awhile. Might do it sporatically again for some loose change.

I used to just watch netflix on my phone. Tons of TVs on, but can't see the closed captioning from the seats. Fail. lol

14. Oh yeah, never ever ever let the newbies stick you if you can avoid it. I lost count of the number of times they missed the vein and had to dig around in my arm with the needle. Weirdest feeling ever since it doesn't really hurt, but you can feel the needle poking around in your arm.

And there is a bright side to if they royally fuck up, because as soon as the needle goes in, they have to pay you. So if they fuck up and try to stick you in the other arm, tell them you're not feeling so hot and they have to let you go with pay.

15. So judging by this thread they don't care if you have MJ in your system? I've always considered it but that is what stopped me.

I may set up an appointment.

16. I have been high every time I walked in the building.

Even my initial checkup appointment :p

17. u know plasma is what politicians eat for breakfast.

how do u think obama stays so thin and good looking?

18. I can't give plasma high. They always check my heart rate:p

19. i was sitting next to a guy who said he kept smelling weed. the place i go to is like doctors office meets rap concert..lol

20. Haha on my first time (the initial checkup they give you), they made me drop piss and I was so worried I wasn't going to be able to donate. Then I read the info they gave me and it said they only test for certain unmentionables.