Donating Plasma

Discussion in 'General' started by jay o2 waster, Aug 18, 2006.

1. I went to find out about donating blood plasma the other day and they set an appointment for me to get a physical before i can donate. But I was wondering, will they drug test me. A buddy of mine says that he knows a guy who donates and smokes. But some other people I know said that they will test me. Just wondering if anybody on here donates plasma.

2. I donated plasma for years. (Can't now, veins are shot, and we don't need to anymore). They test you for drugs, but I don't think marijuana is on the list of things that messes with your plasma. So they don't care, i'm not entirely sure that it's even on the list of drugs they test for.... If they tested and turned away people for marijuana use, they wouldn't have many donors. I was never turned away, and I smoked almost every day.

~Kate

3. aww... i opened this thread looking/hoping to see a post on how you were donating a plasma TV.. like giving one away.. free! damn...!!

4. how much is plasma worth?

5. Not sure how much, but it was enough to turn my friend's arm's into what look like a heroin addicts arm so he could survive a semester of college, hah

6. im curious as to how much cash they give you

7. Around here if you go twice a week you get 50 dollars. 20 for the first time and 30 for the second. 200 a month.

8. same where im at

have a buddy who did that for a while to get an 1/8 a week a couple semesters ago i wouldnt do it for that sole reason but he did

9. first off what the hell is plasma anyways
    and where/how do you find these places to donate?

and am i the only stonah on here that dono what the fuck plasma is? besides the tv shit...ah well
    g'nite

10. Plasma is the liquid of the blood, not the cells, just the liquid

11. there should be one not hard to find near any major college campus

12. my friend gets 65 a visit, you can go twice a week, and it's dependent upon weight he said.

13. such an easy way to make money. I love it :)

Yea, the physical is mainly looking for needle/abuse with dangerous drugs and what-not.

14. Would cocaine be considered a dangerous drug?

15. Probably, in fear that you were shooting it.