Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Donating blood

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Reservor Dog, Feb 6, 2012.

1. ok tomorrow there is a blood drive at school tomorrow (yes I'm 18). I was wondering what would happen if i smoked a few bowls in the morning before I donate blood, I would have at least an hour before I get called down. I have donated blood before and nothing happened to me at all.

2. Dont they test for drugs in donated blood? Idk. Ive never donated.

3. No because last time i smoked the night before i gave blood and still donated

4. And when they test the blood they will probably throw it out

5. Well you can donate but I'm thinking they'll test it and trash it if it comes up positive so I don't see the point in donating if they do.

6. Call and find out if your even eligible, and if they'd disclose drug results. Can be honest since its over the phone.

MJ is detectable in your blood for a while

7. I know if I were getting a blood transfusion I would want it to be chock full of THC because the donor recently toked on some dank. :D

8. dont know there, but here in argentina, they make you fill a questionarie about if you consumed any alcohol or consumed marijuana in the last x amount of time.

i tried to donate once but i couldnt because i'm anemic :(

9. The person receiving your blood will be stoned

10. I've donated blood many times in the past, some after smoking some not. One time I asked the nurse if smoking before is bad, and she said as long as you do not act intoxicated then its fine. The reason for this is because the Blood-THC ratio is not enough for the person receiving the blood to feel any intoxication.

11. [quote name='"4leaf"']

dont know there, but here in argentina, they make you fill a questionarie about if you consumed any alcohol or consumed marijuana in the last x amount of time.

i tried to donate once but i couldnt because i'm anemic :([/quote]

They still probably test it, people lie.

12. Im wondering if I will get extra dizzy or pass out, things like that

13. dont donate blood if you have been using "drugs" that is all.

14. Marijuana is not a drug, so i don't classify it as one under any circumstance. I don't do drugs at all.

15. Don't donate blood high. I know that I would personally get freaked out with the needle just sitting in my arm while I donated. Hell.. I get freaked out if I get my nails done after I've smoked cause I always think they're going to drill through my natural nails if I have acrylics.

Anyway, it shouldn't make a difference if you smoke or not. I don't think they drug test it and if they do, they'll probably just throw it out.. but who cares because you won't know if they throw it out so you'll still think you're helping

16. No i see no reason, only if you start freaking out mentally.

17. I've never really had a problem with being high and doing things, I think i'll be ok with them putting the needle in me I would freak out however if I started getting dizzy and start blacking out lol

18. of course its a drug lol not saying its a bad drug but it still is. but your choice to donate they prob tip it out anyway if they test it for stuff in the blood.

19. [quote name='"Reservor Dog"']ok tomorrow there is a blood drive at school tomorrow (yes I'm 18). I was wondering what would happen if i smoked a few bowls in the morning before I donate blood, I would have at least an hour before I get called down. I have donated blood before and nothing happened to me at all.[/quote]

Don't do it if you've smoked in the last month. My mom does the blood drives and they ask you this before and lying about it is just stupid because they ask the questions for a real reason.

[quote name='"SniperKitty"']Dont they test for drugs in donated blood? Idk. Ive never donated.[/quote]

No they don't. Just diseases like aids/hiv and other diseases that are in your blood

20. Wait to smoke until AFTER you donate blood. You will get amazingly high!

But getting high before is a bad idea. Your blood sugar will drop dangerously low. I did it once and it really fucked me up. The techs made me sit around a while longer than usual because I was so pale. It was in a mall and someone who walked by asked me if I was okay, I looked that bad.