Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Donating Blood?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by stonie jo, Sep 20, 2004.

1. Does anybody donate blood?
    Would it be a big deal for a stoner to donate blood?
    I've considered it. What do you think?

2. Im pretty sure stoners can donate blood. I know if youve got a tattoo, or have done coke within six months, they wont take you. They screen you beforehand, I dont remember any problems with marijuana use. The worst that can happen is if you go, and they ask you "have you used..." and be honest, its not something to be embarrased about if you have to admit, they dont care, nor judge, they will just move on to the next good blood. its worth a shot!

3. I've given blood twice since I started smoking.

They never ask anything even remotely like "do you smoke pot?"

All they're worried about is needle drugs, SARS, West Nile Virus, and low iron count.

So donate away! :smoke:

4. Yeah, I've heard it's really good for guys to donate blood, cause they have high amounts of iron in their blood. I need to go do that as well.

What blood type are you guys? I'm O positive

Oh yah, you need to have a big meal before donating blood, and for like the next 3 hours you feel kinda drunk.

5. O-..........that's me!! So, I did it. It made me feel good to know maybe I was helping someone. I guess they use my blood type in emergency rooms. Maybe whoever gets my blood will cop a little buzz from it!! LOL!!

6. wait, your O negative? that's one of the rarest blood types..plus it can be used by anyone..that's pretty sweet!

7. I found out about my blood type when I got pregnant the first time.
    So ANYBODY can use my blood? That is pretty sweet!! Y'all just let me know and you can have some of mine!! O- spiked with a little THC for ya!!