Domeless Quartz for E-Nail??

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by Bernie Mac, Mar 11, 2014.

1. So I just made myself a nice DIY e-nail following this reddit post. It actually was pretty simple. I originally used a TI nail instead of quartz because its quick to heat and the temperature is easier to read. Now that I don't do the heating or reading of temp, I want to hook my e-nail up to a domeless quartz. Problem is that the only quartz nail that is suitable for a coil is off the d-nail website, here. I made my own e-nail to save money and I cant justify spending $230 on just the nail.

I was wondering does anyone know a less expensive alternative domeless quartz I could purchase? Preferably just like the d-nail quartz linked above?

2. You should be able to pick up the Halen quartz for cheaper than that I'm pretty sure, Check around different FB glass groups.

Lets see some pics of this badboy! :bongin:

no fb, gotta stay off the grid. 

ill post some pics in the next week. 

anyone else got any ideas where i can get this quartz nail?

4. for an enail? IDK man ebay is king of quartz if you were torching and lol you cant be off the grid nowadays they know whatsup either way :laughing:

5. So off the grid with this grass city account

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. #6 dabKling, Mar 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2014
    fuck facebook.

honestly though....is an enail going to work at all on quartz?  I'm no scientist and worse at math, but you can't get quartz to conduct heat through itself like you can Ti or any other metal.  Example: I have a new quartz female domeless nail #19 that is quite large, I can hold the bottom of it in my bare hand while I torch the head to red hot, on the other hand, this would OBVIOUSLY not work with Ti.

Again no scientist, but I just don't see this working.  Maybe it will.

Ignorant post? lots of people already enailing quartzes?

7. Have you never seen quartz enails or something?

8. I havent seen shit!