domeless nails

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by MysticPanda, Mar 25, 2013.

1. I have tried the HE Ti domeless nail off a friend's piece and I absolutely loved it. Now I'm looking to get a domeless as well but I have several conditions... I am going to be using a 75$ amazon gift card to purchase this... probably not the best place but it saves me money. There are two I found, one is made by Cosmic and the other has no name but is also listed on Ebay so I'm guessing its not a brand new nail... however I have no experience with either nor can I look up any reviews.... any thoughts??

Cosmic:
    Amazon.com: Cosmic Case 14mm Grade 2 Titanium Domeless Nail: Everything Else

Other:
    Titanium Domeless Nail male19mm Dome Less 18mm Gr2 Free Metal Dabbler Jar and Vial - Amazon.com

edit:: 14/18mm does not matter, I can get an adapter

2. I would say go for the Cosmic just because they are an established brand. They have a reputation to uphold, whereas a generic nail has no reputation or manufacturer to protect. I also dont like the design on the generic nail, i cant see how deep it goes but with the air hole on the inside theres the chance of your errl boiling down the hole if you like to glob. That design probably also causes the oil to puddle up in places, making for a less efficient heat transfer. The bigger and flatter the nail head the more surface area for your dab to spread across and vape. A bigger head also allows you to dab at lower temperatures because there is more surface area and ti to hold the heat. Lower heat=better flavor

3. dope thanks for your input! i ended up buying another titanium domeless nail... its another unnamed brand but its only gotten 4-5 star reviews and around 70-80 of them so i think i can trust it.