Dollhouse

Discussion in 'Television/Internet TV/VOD/DVD' started by zoranj, Feb 21, 2009.

1. Dollhouse has been renewed for a second season mother fuckers!

Surprise: Fox RENEWS 'Dollhouse'--The Live Feed
    :D

I'm a little giddy right now. I knew I could put a little faith in Fox to actually make a smart decision. Can't wait... now it's just time to spread the word about season 1 when it comes out on DVD to get a bigger following going for the second.

Browncoats unite

2. Fuuuuck yeah!! :hello:

3. Yeah, nice to see they took the DVR ratings and online streaming sites into consideration... I mean what do you expect sticking a show in a Friday time slot right as the snow is going away?

Nice to see Dollhouse absolutely crushing it when it comes to Hulu and the DVR, there's definitely a bigger following out there for this show than the Neilson ratings show, and it will be even more so when the DVDs come out.

4. WHOOOO HOOOO, :hello::hello: :hello: I have a Canadian friend who told me it was cancelled,ahh what the hell do Canadians know..:rolleyes:.hahah. I'm pleased that there is a season two...maybe they will change the timeslot and give it a better shot at succeeding in the tv ratings.

5. when i found out about this the other day, I jumped up and down and screamed and said it was the best graduation present EVER

6. I still won't be satisfied until they bring Firefly back.

7. Wouldn't we all love that?

I still feel it in my bones that they'll do a second movie though... Maybe that's just me hoping but Universal knows they have a giant property that can easily turn a profit in DVD sales, and the fanbase for Firefly just grows and grows every year.

8. Oh my god, with the cancellation of The Sarah Connor Chronicles and the renewal of Dollhouse, Terminator geeks all over the internets are foaming at the mouth for Dollhouse fan blood now that they've figured out it was an either/or scenario with Dollhouse and TSCC.

Better keep your heads low fellow Dollhouse fans, cause it might get lopped off by these guys... Too bad we can't live in harmony, I loved TSCC and I love Dollhouse... I'm torn

9. I love how FOX outright said if they had cancelled Dollhouse they would have had millions of e-mails from angry Joss Whedon fans that day alone. hahaha

Yay Browncoats!

10. So they had a Tru Calling marathon on the Sci Fi channel earlier this morning, from like 8-4. I had never seen the show before so I decided to check it out just so I could stare at Eliza Dushku's sweet ass.

I can see why the damn thing got cancelled.. but for some reason I just could not stop myself from watching! It was like crack and the next thing I know I had already watched 3 episode... too weird, I hated it but liked it at the same time, except for that horrible intro song

11. Tru Calling was fairly decent, but I lost what little interest I already had in it when Priestly was added to the cast....

12. when does the season 2 come out?

13. Here's what I found regarding season 2.

14. If they did bring firefly back/decided to make another movie, then Wash and Shepard would be dead assuming it was canon. Aren't there Firefly comics?

Can't wait for season 2 of dollhouse.

15. #115 zoranj, Jul 8, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2009
    Noooooooo. :cry: Now I'm gonna be forced to go another week without my Dollhouse/ Joss Whedon fix.

FOX delays Dollhouse return on Hitfix

The Fox/Whedon bullshit begins again.... Fuck you, Fox

16. #116 zoranj, Aug 5, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2009
    Some more news... even though I don't think anyone even looks at this thread besides me anymore. ;)

'Dollhouse' will go back to the future in season two - From Inside the Box - Zap2it

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2009/07/comiccon-dollhouse-panel-live-blog.html

I'm so jealous that I didn't get to be there. I would give anything and everything to see Joss for a few minutes.

Oh. And later today I'll be posting my comments on Epitaph one and also the unaired pilot. I just need to think about it a bit more first.

17. It's Baaaaaaaack! :D:D:D

So what did y'all think of Episode 1?

I must admit I love how Whedonverse is merging with Battlestar. haha.

We got Helo, Apollo, and Colonel Tigh now ( he's guest starring on episode 2)

I thought the first episode of this season was only ok, and if Joss hopes to save this show he needs to start making it amazing again sooner than the 5th or 6th episode like last season.

I'm super excited for tomorrow, though! I'm so excited it's back for a second season.

18. I thought the first episode was decent.

Did you see the un-aired episode 13 from last season?
    After watching that, it's interesting to watch the first episode of this season and kind of see how things progressed to the point they were in ep 13.
    Especially poor Topher.

Also, Alexis Denisof seems like he'll be a re-occurring character, which is way cool. Funny to hear him speak without the British accent. I was all smiles when I saw he'd be in the episode! :p
    There's something so fun about seeing people pop up in Dollhouse from other Whedon shows. :D

I wish they'd stick a little more to the deep, dark, inner-workings of the Dollhouse storyline too. And a little less on the "What's Echo up to this time?!" stuff...
    But meh, I'll keep watching either way. :smoking:

19. yeah I agree with you both, the premiere shouldn't have been another simple story of the week episode, although Apollo did make for a pretty good bad guy. Not enough progression in this episode for me at all, but we'll see if it stays the same tonight.

20. He IS going to be a recurring character.

I can't wait till Summer Glau comes along.

There's gonna be so many awesome people this season, but yes, they need to start stepping it up, and not doing the normal, What/who Echo this week? routine

I think the scene at the end of the episode with Ballard and Echo was pretty awesome, though.

JD, I've seen the unaired episode many times ( I have the DVD), and there were a few moments in the first epi of season 2 that made me think of it. An example is when Topher said , " I know what I know." I instantly just saw him rocking back and forth chanting it over and over ( that scene was heartbreaking)