Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Dollar Store Drug Test?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by NewSmoke15, Oct 19, 2014.

1. I still live at home with my father. He caught me smoking a joint yesterday and said he was going to drug test me..... with a dollar store test. Would that test even work or be accurate?

2. If he caught you smoking a joint, why would he need to drug test you?

3. #3 moonmanchris, Oct 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2014
    Not that accurate.
    I would just try and dilute your piss by drinking water/Gatorade.

Good Luck OP

4. He said he will drug test me in the future continuously to ensure "that I stop."

5. Oh that sucks, yeah I would just drink a ton of water to dilute it and you should be fine

6. Dip it in warm water and than piss on it after lol

7. I would normally help you with the testing, but I feel more obligated to give you personal advise towards respecting your Father.

Just try to be as respectful as possible and maybe try to let him understand your situation of using Cannabis especially since you live under his house. Try to be smarter next time. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone on the moon

8. If you're over 18, what's he gonna do if you don't stop? I'm 20 and still live with my parents, they tried to make me quit before, I kept smoking and they didn't do shit.

9. #9 Doc-J, Oct 20, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2014
    Those test are extremely accurate, if you aren't clean or diluting you will fail the test. Your only option is to take advantage of it being a home test and try to sub with something other than your dirty urine.

10. Some parents actually back shit up though, just because your won't do anything doesn't mean everyone else is in the same situation. I have rules for my house, and if anyone doesn't want to agree they can pack their stuff or I will do it for them.

11. Oh I know some parents back shit up, that's why I asked him what he would do if he didn't stop.

12. yeah dude they are like 98% accurate

13. My mom told me she would do that, she never did lol just let them know the truth and work from there,

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

14. This is the attitude of a child. Show some respect for Pete's sake. I you smoke at someone else's home against their wishes then you're a tool.

Back on topic, I've actually heard that the dollar store tests are some of the most accurate available, and are often recommended to test yourself before a preemployment drug test.

15. The dollar store drug test called marijuana at home drug test works very good (studies have been performed) you should just quit for a while if he thinks its sone big deal and save up your money so when you start again you'll have a nice O

16. Thanks for the replies guys. So far I'm in the safe. I haven't been tested yet. :bongin:

17. So here's my situation: I've smoked almost every day for the past 20 yrs.  Most of the time it would only be a couple of hits in the evening to unwind after work or before watching a movie.  I only smoke joints and blunts on special occasions, like camping trips.  I don't drink, I don't smoke cigarettes, and I've never used anything else.

So, tomorrow I have to take my first drug test ever.  I have to go to a collection site before work.  And I'm a little nervous about it, that's why I've been reading different forums.  I knew the test was coming up and as soon as I found out I stopped.  That was three weeks ago.  Today I did a dollar store home test and it was negative. 

Part of me says, "Don't trust it."  Another part says, "Just go for it and let it be as it is."  I've considered getting a sample of my kid's urine to try and substitute it tomorrow; but is it really worth the risk?  Ultimately, I think I'm just gonna take the test.

I've done quite a bit of research on this subject.  I've read several different sources that have concluded that light habitual smokers tend to have a negative test just after two weeks of cessation.  My kid brother, who almost never smokes, smoked one weekend and then got into a small accident at work.  For workman's comp he had to do drug screen test in the emergency room.  He smoked 3 days before and the test came back clean.

As soon as I find out about my test results, I'll comment.  I think that would be proof or disproof that a dollar store home test negative result is reliable.

In closing, I just want to comment on the home drama and not getting along with parents that has been stringing along in this forum.  In life, I don't think that there is anything more important than getting along with the people you live.  What would be the point of getting high and then having to hide it or having to start to argue about it?  That would be a serious drag.  Also, I think that it goes against the entire spirit of herb culture.  Forgive me for saying this, but if your parents don't want you smoking weed, you need to stop; and if you don't and become devious and underhanded about it, you are setting yourself up for a long road of hard times.  On the other hand, if you are respectable, mature and make good choices you will find that people, especially your parents, won't object to your life style and preferences.  In other words, if you are not causing shame to your family, you will not have anything to be ashamed of.  Weed smoking should not be riotous living; but that's just my belief.

Ciao for now.