Doing my first edibles.. is this right?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Browsing, Apr 9, 2013.

1. Started smoking in my early teens. Now in late 20s, so plenty of experience with marijuana.

Decided to try to make my first edibles... firecrackers.

Mixed 2 grams of very finely ground up weed with some peanut butter. Added some extra virgin olive oil. Mixed it all together for a while.

Only crackers I have are saltines, so took out 8 saltines.

Globbed a bunch of peanut butter on 4 of the crackers, then used the remaining 4 to close them up.

Put it in the oven at 335 and timer set to 30 minutes. I'm 11 minutes in so far. I let oven pre heat fully to 335 while I did the prep.

Does this sound right?

Also is this gonna smell? I don't much much sense of smell. Wife is doing girls night, so I said fuck it and decided to this since I've been wanting to for a few months now.

2. I just noticed I posted in the wrong section.

3. Did you do it right?

Should take 30 mins to kick in. When I tried edibles I didn't think about that so I kept eating and ate like 10 grams and had a panic attack.

Subbed

Omega369 :wave:

4. I moved over to :

http://forum.grasscity.com/incredible-edible-herb/1203442-does-sound-look-right.html#post17762548

When I noticed I was in the wrong section.

It has been 40 minutes. ARound 30 I st arted to feel something. At 40 now, I have slight disorientation, very slight. But for 2 grams I'm expecting more, but I can't tell if I'm getting higher or not. But I feel as if there is a possibility that I'm too stoned right now to know if I'm stoned. Because I just thought that there is a possibility that I'm not getting stoned, and my IQ is just lowering on its own, and I realized that statement makes no sense.

Somewhere in the middle of typing that it kicked in.

5. This man is too damn high

Omega369 :wave:

6. From what I know about edibles that doesn't sound right. I think the idea is to heat the oil (or butter, but not margarine) with the ground up herb in it, the THC is supposed to be soluble in the oil at high temp and from there you can strain out the solid plant material. Then simply use the butter or oil as it is called for in regular cookie/brownie recipes. I'm sure there are other ways, but you definitely don't have to eat the herb itself, unless you just like the taste..

7. It works with PB or nutella its just the laziest and least effective way to make edibles. PB has enough fat to absorb the active ingredients just not near to the full potential of if you do it right.

Firecrackers compared to cannibutter or oil will be like a quarter the potency and if you decarb it it would be like 1/10. At the very least decarb the weed or its just a waste of money because of the amount you have to consume. You wanna get the most bang for your buck right?

8. I had 2 grams of shake that I collected ovewr the last 4 months. I found a use for it. I am still actually feelign it.

9. Damn thats funny :D It sounds like these must have worked pretty good. I might have to try them.

10. with 2g of shake via proper cannabutter you would have been higher than ever before... and then fallen asleep. does take 45min to kick in, but after an hour its more than obvious ^^

11. Oh yes, I was extremely stoned. That was by far the most stoned I can ever remember being. Around 30 minutes I felt that I may of been getting a buzz, or it may of been a placebo.

Around 40 minutes I went to post on my thread, and literally somewhere while typing, it hit me pretty hard.

From that point I got higher and higher until around my 2 hour mark where it seemed to be at its full power. That lasted for about 5 hours. At that point it was a bit after 6am. I was still stoned, but not as stoned. Went to bed and fell asleep near instantly.

Woke up feeling kind of hung over, which I've never felt from weed before. I'm still actually in a very slight daze.

Going to try 5 grams next month to see the difference.

In June I'm going to see Rob Zombie. We are taking my best friend's son to his first concert for his 14th birthday. He loves Rob Zombie. I'm going to make a batch so we can eat them before we head out. It is about an hour drive, so it will kick in right as we get there. That way we won't need to keep sneaking off away from his son to smoke. There will be other adults there to watch his kid for when we do sneak off, so we aren't neglecting any duties.

12. I wouldnt do 5g... a buddy of mine who is used to smoking a lot once threw up cuz of too many brownies and I dont find a crazy high dose more enjoyable than a decent one either. basically youre awake for a shorter time and remember less of it afterwards. Id probably prefer 1g over 5g and definitly 5 times 1g over one time 5g.

13. I'll make 10 1g batches and probably each start with 2g and then eat more as the day goes if we want to. I was starting this experiment with trying to find a way so we could just eat something instead of sneaking out to smoke every 30 minutes while at the show. I was extremely surprised how well the simple firecracker recipe I found actually worked.