Doing edibles outside by myself? I hope they work, if they do will it be fun?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Live_Life, Aug 4, 2015.

1. #1 Live_Life, Aug 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2015
    So I just bought some edibles that are supposedly legit. I've done edibles 3 times and each time I felt nothing which is why I haven't tried them again in a while. I understand they might have been weak but each time I tried edibles it was from the same batch separated amongst my group. My entire group would get insanely high (even when they needed t breaks at the time) from one cookie and I felt absolutely nothing. One time I bought literally 10 cookies, 1 for each of my 5 friends and FIVE for me, yeah seriously. So they each ate one and I ate three and within 30 min. they were all really high, I mean REALLY high and way higher than it looked like we've all ever been and spaced out but yet I felt nothing. So at that point I said fuck it (even tho they told me to not eat the last two no matter what because one was strong enough) but I ate them (so 5 in total) and I felt COMPLETELY sober. To this day they still talk about how I actually ate 5 cookies. Keep in mind it was the same batch separated among my group each time. So yeah, edibles are confusing to me to say the least.

Which brings me to now, I bought 2 cookies from a trusted friend. There's this amazing lake with a track around it and I planned on going by myself and just walking around and smoking throughout the walk around, chilling looking at the nice lake. I am in need of a little t break but from what I've read and been told if the edibles work it really won't matter, you will be insanely high. So IF these work and I do get shocked and really high will this be a fun place to do it by myself? I haven't been "that" high in a while so if these do work will I be incapacitate or just really high and able to walk around/have fun by myself? I'll eat one, hopefully won't have to eat two, so hopefully it works! Any input will help!

2. If they work, and IF they work strong, you might wanna find a nice place to sit and chill hahahahaha

3. See that's exactly what I'm talking about lol, could you please elaborate? I honestly think I'm immune to them, trust me the experiences that I have just leave those around me saying "HOW are you sober?! We ate the same cookies!" so idk what to expect IF they do work. So I want to go through some tips based on my situation of they do work lol.

4. Maybe try eating something before the cookies. Like a meal. I have heard some folks say if you are on a empty stomach that edibles don't work

rooted OE1

5. Well, here goes nothing 🏻. Just ate it now.
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1438646920.065993.jpg
    Alright well I ate Chinese food around 2:30 that I'm still semi full from so hopefully it works.

6. Your edibles make take up to 2 hours to take effect. Not at all the same as smoking

rooted OE1

7. Dam, are you serious? Well would it be bad to head there in 20ish and maybe smoke when to reach the gazebo? My friends have told me and they're firm believers that smoking before edibles kick in will make them not work.

8. Personally I would do one or the other. Totally different kind of high. Not the same as smoking.
    Are the brownies from the same batch? Same weed? Same source?

rooted OE1

9. So if that first one didnt work, Ill be willing to test out the other one for you. :D

10. Hmm I only ask because the times I tried edibles before they smoked after it kicked in and each hit they took seemed to be like "holy shit" to them lol. But these come from a different source, he's a good friend of mine from a music festival and he's a really good person so I know he wouldn't bullshit me. I did edibles at the hotel with him after the festival but tbh I already took a dab and smoked a blunt so idk if it really kicked in because I didn't notice much of a difference.. but in saying that I think I would've noticed the edibles adding onto the dab and blunt so idk. Not sure how much is in these, he just told me he baked some last night because he knows I was waiting and I bought them and bounced.

11. It's been about 36 minutes since I've eaten them and nothing yet. Sorry if I'm being annoying but you're like my guide through this I really appreciate it haha. 🏻

12. Smoking before hand won't make them not work, it goes through your liver and hits the blood stream, smoking won't effect that...I smoke and eat edibles all the time, what I like to do is smoke before work and eat an edible when I get there so once the smokin high is wearing off, the edible is kicking in...and I'm high the rest of the work day...

Edibles also normally take an hour to kick in (you have to digest em)

Eating before hand helps with a liver bypass first before the edible hits it, so like 45 mins before you eat the edible eat a small(ish) meal...

Also milk thistle can help with liver function, I normally eat 2 capsils with the edible....

13. #14 Live_Life, Aug 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2015

Alright thanks, it's been 45 minutes now and I don't feel a thing so I really hope it works. I have one good bowl left of bud so the plan was to smoke with along with the edibles. Going to head to the lake spot now so in 15 I should have reached the spot and be sitting by the lake. Hopefully I won't just be feeling this one bowl lol. Dam I bought two because I was supposed to do it with my friend tomorrow, do you think I may have to eat the second cookie?

14. I woulda ate em both off gate...but I make my own edibles and my tollerence is kinda high with em

But yeah if you don't feel anything by an hour or so, eat a lil something then eat the other

15. I mean what I am trying to say is that if you've done others recently (a dab, blunts,couple bowls,etc..) you have a harder time realizing the effects of your edibles, which to me seems wasteful. LOL

Just smoke more and have fun bro:)

rooted OE1

16. Anytime i eat edibles i usually smoke about 30-45 minutes after i eat them. And i eat them on an empty stomach. Are your edibles homemade or from a dispensary?

17. Yeah it's been well over an hour, so I just ate some salsa and tortilla chips and I'm about to eat the second one now.

18. Yeah guys... I don't think it worked again for the 4th of 5th time in a row. Ate the first one and after an 1 hour 10 minutes of not feeling anything I ate a second one, it's been almost 40 minutes since the second one and I still don't feel a thing. I just don't get it.

19. Dude prolly made some bullshit cookies and up-talked them

Go get a QP of reggie and cook a batch of brownies, eat one or 2 of them and you should be blasted