Doing better, thanks for the advice

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by azzogthoth, Dec 15, 2017.

1. I received some good advice on autoflowers my first post, thank you very much. I transplanted my babies, and it was soon enough that I didn't get any shock. They are starting to thrive. After the transplant, I gave them a few days to recover. They really didn't need it. Now I moved the on from a 12"x12" led panel, to a 600w hps dialed down to 400w. Room temperature is between 73-75 degrees. Light is 18" above the plants. Relative humidity is 60%, and they are on 18-6 timer. No nutes yet as the soil I used is FF Happy Frog, with coco coir 50/50 mix. The FF is organic soil with guano and other natural nutes in soil. Ph is about 6-6.5 and steady. WP_20171214_16_28_38_Pro.jpg I don't water until the top 1" is dry, and am watering on the outer edge of the pots as to encourage the roots to seek water. Any other tips on autoflowers? Let me know, it would be welcome.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Sounds like you've got it dialed in, nice work. Steady as she goes.

3. Thanks, I read so much conflicting info on autos. So instead of just reading, I like to ask people who know. You guys have been great, accepting, and not condescending or judge mental. Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, etc.

4. You bet, but hey don't get us wrong...we're condescending and judgmental too, haha.

I will say, there are many here who gladly pass on bad information so I suggest you take things with a grain of salt until you can corroborate it with other sources. I came here in 2014 to learn and check on things I'd read too and was frustrated at all the bad information, stoner logic, and old wives tales that folks perpetuated. If you haven't checked it out already, it's worth your time to browse through www.growweedeasy.com. After my short, but productive, 3 years of growing I've found it to be the best "one stop shopping" for information on the webs that I've come across.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I've actually been there, and also found a site where I can download the Jorge and Ed books. I have a lot of experience doing photo period, but this is my first auto grow. I have a nice room though, and just moved to Colorado so I don't have to hide anything. It makes it so much easier. If you would like I can send you the link for the books. WP_20171202_11_44_17_Pro.jpg WP_20171202_11_43_59_Pro.jpg WP_20171202_11_43_51_Pro.jpg WP_20171202_11_43_39_Pro.jpg

6. Nice, I'd love to have a finished room to grow in. I have my whole basement but it's a bit of a dungeon down there, being a 110 yr old house. I live in Oregon so I too get to enjoy growing "above the board". I don't particularly need a link to those books but you might as well post it for folks who are looking. I have a good system and have had good success, just short on time to put towards it. I kind of have everything but time.

• Like Like x 1
  7. #7 Vee, Dec 15, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2017
    Still not enough perlite

25-30% perlite is good to prevent root compaction etc

I'd still use a cfl with such a small plant lol

but I'm sure you will be back

good luck

• Like Like x 1
  8. I usually use a 1" layer of rock on the bottom to help with drainage. It helps to keep the drain holes clear, rather than having them fill with compacting soil. As far as oxygen uptake, I use a weak solution of hydrogen peroxide. But I'll be a little more mindful of perlite percentage next time. Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  9. Btw, I was using a 12"x12" blue/white led, but it was suggested that since they are autos as long as I dialed down my digital ballast to 400w it would be fine. I can dial it all the way down to 250w, but at that point I could have left it under the led. I've got it at 18" above, and can barely feel the heat off the lamp. Day 1 under the HID, and they seem fine. My only concern was the stems looked a little thin, but are beefing up. I was a little concerned about the color of the stems, but am attributing it to such a neutral ph.