Dog ran away..

Discussion in 'General' started by stillblazin1, Jan 22, 2013.

1. Well, good -5 degrees here in Wisconsin and my dog decided to run away at about 11 o'clock tonight. Drove around for about half an hour in town looking for her. Honestly scared she might freeze. Pray for my dog blades, or if your not religious, hope for my dog aha.

2. Praying for ya man! Sucks to lose a best friend like that. Hopefully they will come back soon

3. I am hoping your dog is smart enough to come back to your house it is damn cold outside.

4. As a huge animal lover i really hope you find her.. cant imagine losing one of my pets. Goodluck friend!

5. She's probably cuddled up somewhere nearby trying to stay warm. I bet she'll be home the moment the sun comes up and it's warm out. Good luck and try not to worry to much.

6. Good luck man

7. Praying for her and you.

8. Instinct will lead her to somewhere warm keep your head up and good luck.

9. Start getting flyers with your dog's picture up.

Honestly, I'd be out all night driving around looking, getting out of the car and yelling my dog's name. I just got back from walking my dog and it's -18 here with the wind chill.

Hopefully your dog is wearing his tagged collar with phone numbers or someone takes your dog in tonight and brings him to a vet or shelter tomorrow morning to have him scanned for a chip. You should drop off flyers at the animal hospitals and shelters when they open tomorrow morning.

Best of luck.

10. Good luck on finding your dog brother hope he hasn't wondered off to far

11. Any update? Did she show up?

12. ^ Exactly my response.

Fingers crossed, man.

13. Definitely flyers, and don't forget to call your local humane society, and check your local Craigslist lost & found/pets section.

Best wishes, man. I hope she makes it back soon.

14. why do dogs run away? are they unhappy? are they looking for adventure?

15. "OMG THERE ARE THINGS OUT THERE LOOK AT ALL THE THINGS I MUST GO SEE ALL THE THINGS! OMG GRASS, TREE, FUCKING ROCK, LOOK AT THIS FUCKING ROCK! THERE'S SO MUCH PISS ON THIS ROCK, I BETTER PISS ON IT TOO! YEAH, PISSED ON THE ROCK! OMG THERE'S ANOTHER ROCK OVER THERE, LET'S GO PISS ON THAT TOO!!!!"

The thought process of a dog. :p

Here's a funny blog entry from Hyperbole and a Half about the author's dog running away.
    Hyperbole and a Half: Wild Animal (The Simple Dog Goes for a Joy Ride)
    Maybe it'll cheer OP up a bit in the mean time. :smoking:

16. Hope you find your dog or better that he just comes back. But if he doesn't definitely do what people said earlier, check on CL, call the pound or whatever you have. He's prob so scared :(

17. She come back?
    I'm hoping for her.

18. Odds are she 'll come back on her own. If it were my dog id be out all night looking.
    Best of luck.

19. Well i ended up going to sleep around 12 last night. And whatd ya know, my dad said he came back from driving around till like 1 in the morning and she was sittin' on the deck! God damn is she a dumbass but smart. :rolleyes:

20. Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate!