Dog meets neighbor: Public taping session gone wrong (funnY)

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by somekind, Mar 28, 2007.

1. It was a beautiful spring day and I was out for a walk in my neighborhood. I had my video camera with me, and as I passed this house the dog rushed the fence and started barking at me. He kept on barking and I was happy to take more footage. As soon as the neighbor appeared to quiet the dog I left... I just wanted the dog video, not a confrontation.

The neighbor chased me down and started yelling at me. She tried to tell me it was illegal to tape her dog. As she kept yelling at me, I turned on the camera to get some footage of her, too. She soon went inside to call the cops, that's when I left.

2 minutes later a police car swooped up to me as I was walking home. I had a conversation with him about the interaction, explained that dogs don't have expectation of privacy, she was yelling at me in public, etc... He took my information and let me go. I thanked him for not hassling me and told him to assure the lady that I wasn't going to stalk/harass her, but also to tell her to control her dog. That's all. His response was, "Don't get into it with your neighbors, just call us if there's a problem."

I hope you enjoy watching the video. I had fun editing it and couldn't resist uploading it to the internet. You haven't seen the rest of the video, so you can't see how much the dog barks, and how annoying that can be. So please don't post "That dog's doing nothing wrong". It's the neighbor who's doing something wrong, which is not controlling her dog, leaving it in a distressed and worried state so that it barks at everything. I admit it might be creepy to video tape one's neighbor's dog; that's not the issue.

To the dog lovers: I like dogs, I just don't like to hear them all the time. My two dogs passed away recently, but I don't plan on replacing them. They barked, mostly at the mailman, but they stayed inside and just annoyed us. They would bark back at the other dogs, even inside, and that was annoying, too. Right now I am surrounded by barking dogs, and I started getting footage just to prove my point. I don't want to tape the neighbors. I try to just get footage of dogs when they're alone, barking at the world, although they usually focus on the camera when they see it. They're publicity whores :lol: .

Please don't respond with illegal suggestions. I'm sure there are many people who have considered killing their neighbor's dog, but you go to jail for that, so it's not a good idea. Don't offer to send me any of that recalled pet food, either.

If you only learn one thing from wasting your time reading this, it's 'Don't act stupid infront of a video camera!'

2. Haha, nice.Does the dog still annoy you after this incident?

When it sounds like the lady is saying"you're a hippiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!", is fucking hilarious.

+rep and peace:)

3. I didn't hear it like that, but it's funny!!