Dog meat?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by iewed, Aug 17, 2010.

1. Anyone tried it? I've been looking online about the legal status within the United States and haven't been able to find much. Seems like it'd be pretty interesting.

2. You'd have to shoot me to force me to eat mans best friend, fuck that lol.

3. I have a buddy that ate it while in Korea. He said it's honestly not bad just kinda greasy. I wouldnt eat it though.

4. I would try just about any meat provided it wasn't immoral (like eating the last bald eagle - could you imagine how powerful you'd feel though if you did eat the last of a species?). If dog looks appealing and I'm confident its not going to give me a disease, I'd try it.

5. I'd try it if it was in front of me, but too be honest it doesn't look like it'd taste that good.

I expect this thread will be full flamers in no time.

6. Fuck that, unless its in a survival situation theres no way i would eat dog...like another poster send there mans best friend damnit :smoking:.

7. I had it once in Korea back in the late 70's. :eek:

I didn't know it was dog meat at the time. The host asked me if I cared for some more, I told him it was good and asked if it was cow. He then revealed it was dog. It was actually quite tasty.:p

The Koreans don't eat just any dog. Theirs is a yellow breed of some sort.:smoking:

8. People always talk about how dogs are friends, but if they're hungry enough they'd probably eat you, or if you where only a foot tall.
    That's why I'm not too shocked when the news reports about a huge German shepard eating a newborn child, he's hungry.

9. in china they call it the tasty meat. i hear it is pretty good.

10. I've always wanted to try dog meat. Sometimes I catch myself salivating at a pudgy Chow-Chow or a fat, droopy English Bulldog... don't even get me started on Shar Pei.

Pigs are quite intelligent, yet Western nations love to eat pork, bacon and the like. The only thing that disturbs me about consumption of dog meat is that some recipes call for the dog to be beaten/traumatised before preparation. Although the meat becomes rather tough as a result of the adrenaline, the meat attains a much sweeter taste.

Closest thing I've ever eaten to dog would have to be Bear when I was in Russia.

11. I got tears in my eyes from laughing... :smoking:

12. Nowhere in the world, eats dog meat like in Korea.

Chinese, Thais, Cambodians, and Laotians, they all eat it, but only in certain provinces...

The Koreans... they just love that shit... they call it 'Bo Shin Tang', which means, 'Body health enhancing soup'

The dog meat is made into a soup, boiled with lot of vegies and other spices. It's pretty hot and spicy, and it should be eaten when it's steaming hot.

With rice and other condiments.

The dog is provided from dog farms. Unless somebody is generous enough to provide their own pet dog...

13. I tried it while in Korea:eek: Was actually good. Was a trip to walk by meat mkt.s and see Lassie hangin' on a hook. Also had alot of Kim-Chee, basically rotten fermented cabbage, VERY spicy:)

14. Ah... so you've tried it... cool... :cool:

Yeah... with lots of Kimchee, the rotten cabbage...

The sight of seeing the dogs hanging on the hooks... could be hard to handle though...

15. I have literally no desire to try dog meat. Or any other pet for that matter. Pig ,cow, chicken and turkey will more than suffice.

16. I eat dogs all the time, every Sunday my family and I take a trip to the pound to get some fresh meat. We get 2 dogs, my families really big so 2 dogs for the Sunday night dinner after the ball game we have some left overs sometimes but not usually since we all love it. If there's one day out of the week that I can say I throughly enjoy, it's gotta be Sunday.

17. are you shitting me? you live in missouri. there's no way animal shelters keep providing your family the dogs.

18. How do you eat it? I mean, do you grill it... BBQ it... or... pan fry with sauce... ?

As I already say, our family makes it into soup. Hot and spicy soup.

19. Come on guys, let's get it right on the Kimshee; Hot Chinese Kimshee was the most known variety.
    There was over 110 different types/dishes of Kimshee, anything from a sweet turnip and salt to fish and a chit load more. :D:smoking:

20. to the people saying that turkey or cow or chicken or pork will suffice for them,

it's all about perception. just because a dog is revered as a faithful pet here does not make it any more or less of a four-legged mammal with edible flesh.

that being said, i don't know if i would be able to try it personally, but i definitely won't close my mind to the idea that it's just as edible as an american socially acceptable meat.