Dog Hour V.3 (Mathus)

Discussion in 'General' started by Stoogemeister, Aug 12, 2010.

1. #1 Stoogemeister, Aug 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2010
    Mathus speaking to Main Character

"It's like when i look at old family photo albums. Everyone looks happy. I see my father with a full head of hair, looking proud and healthy. I see my mother, she is young and skinny, her hair pulled back in a way I've never seen on her. My brother and sister, baby-faced and beaming. None of them, none of them had any idea what kind of pain they would experience. They had no idea what life would throw at them."

"When I look at these pictures," He said, hanging his head

"I don't see a broken family, mourners of dead friends, or people fed up with living. I see happy people, truly content in that one moment in time, completely oblivious to what lay ahead. And it's that innocence, that child-like innocence I see in the faces of my loved ones that in turn causes me pain."

"Nostalgia.." he sighed. "The worst of all emotions."

2. somehow i understand.

3. The passage is the truth.

For the longest time we had an old family picture, it was me and my two sisters, and then one of my niece and sister.

Every time I looked at it It brought back nostalgia, a time when things were easier.

4. Excellent. im glad you guys understand

5. Damn dude, I get it. :(

6. guess pictures really do say a thousand words...

7. It's something few actually understand. Some can spend years walking past pictures without stopping to take them in. Pictures capture more than just a brief moment in time. They symbolize either harder times, or easier times. They show how quickly life changes, for the better or worse.

8. yea nostalgia freaks me out sometimes, almost makes me wish i had a timemachine or somethin