Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Dog hair in my weed?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by crazymike703, Mar 5, 2010.

1. Okay, by no means am I new to smoking bud. I know what hairs on good weed look like, but the hairs on this shit are crazy. They are like a half inch long and literally look like dog hair. Its really thin and when you put it in your mouth it doesn't feel like a hair.

So is this just some weird hairs on it or do you think its something else?

I'll post some pics in a bit but I might have to use my phone for pictures. :(

2. I just laughed at you putting one in your mouth to see if you get that nasty hair feeling. Ha ha. But pictures would be helpfull. And if there are a bunch of them and they are attached to the bud your probably safe/ :)

3. post a pic dude we will never know what your talking about until we can see it

4. So let me get this straight.
    You bought weed, and it isn't orange,red,purple,some kind of fancy color but a thin dog hair looking bud?

So my assumption is you bought dog shedding's, you bought weed that fell on a carpet, or something along those lines, didn't taste like hair?

*pics or it didn't happen"

5. who the fuck cares if theres a little bit of hair on your weed your not gonna taste it :eek:

i had packed bowls with little bit of hair with it and i was to lazy to pull it out so i smoked it...:smoking:

6. dude dog hair is super intoxicating drug and can KILL you if you even smoke ONE hair!!!!

7. #7 crazymike703, Mar 5, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2010
    Dude, that just made me laugh out loud. Haha

I'll have a picture up here in like 10 minutes hold up.

And by the way, I'm not concerned about smoking it, I was wondering if anyone had seen anything like this on their bud before and knew what it was.

8. Yeah dude, what you're seeing is probably a hemp fiber, not hair. It's just more hemp, really, only no THC I don't think (unless it's keifed up!). I wouldn't worry and smoke that shit

9. hahahha

i have a chow mix man and if that were true id b a goner :D

im sure its a dog hair they start sheddin this time a year and if your dealer has a longer haired dog its going 2 be next 2 impossible keepin the hairs out :smoking:

hope it wasnt a pubie (since you put it in your mouth haha)

10. is it like a super thin white hair? I've seen what you're talking about on alot of buds pretty sure its from the plant since its so common.

11. Yeah super super thin. Not like the usual frosty, triched out hair that as bigger.

Pics on the way. 5 minutes.

12. Why didn't you just touch a lighter to it? Taste testing things you're unsure of usually isn't the best method.

13. I was told onetime growers put clippings of their dogs hair in there bud sometimes while its growing for deterring police dogs in someway. Something about it smelling dog hair as the last thing it smells and passes on it without suspension. I was soo high at the time so im not sure if this is correct in anyway or if I even explain it correctly so im sure I have missed something.

14. That just sounds ridiculous to me. But I'm baked too so who knows :D

15. true shit, i have a long haired dog and shes shedding like crazy right now and theres hair pretty much in every bowl i smoke, its inevitable.

16. Some weed I got for 45 a quarter was kind of like that. It had a decent amount of weed-looking hairs and crystals, but when I broke a nug apart there was this fuzz/hair coming from it. No big deal, it was only in a couple nugs and I doubt it was anything that isn't natural on weed (feel free to correct me if this isn't right.) It was good weed and it was only with a few nugs that that happened so I just picked em out and kept smoking.

17. I'm no expert on what weed can look like, but judging from those pictures I'm going to say it looks like carpet fiber or something. It looks too uniform to me.

Then again, I could be really wrong. But it looks safe, regardless. Just remove it and hit it with the lighter if you're that unsure.

18. #19 Caribbeanbreeze, Mar 5, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2010
    I don't know if this has already been answered, but it's a hemp fiber. The plant makes it as part of it's defenses. It traps bugs and shit that are trying to eat the plant. It's normal. I want to say that it is made of the resins that the trichomes are made from, but don't quote me on that..

Edit
    Pull on it, and if it pulls on the nug before breaking, it's a hemp fiber, if it doesn't pull the nug or break, it's not from the plant

19. thats not half as bad as I though it would be. Almost looks like thin carpet fibers or something. When I saw dog hairs it was about a 1/2" clipping of them stuck inside the dried bud.