Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Does your voice really change?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by TheSacredTree, Apr 11, 2014.

1. So, yesterday was the first time i ever got high around my whole family (it was on accident, kinda...) and obviously it had me a little paranoid (especially since it was also my first time driving while high as well). But at one point of the day, when i was really trying to keep everyone from noticing, i realized my voice sounded different. I normally have a really deep voice but yesterday my voice sounded extra deep to me. And everyone else's just sounded slow. I know it's normal for time to slow down but what i was wonderring is, do you think my voice actually was different to everyone else or was it just me? I've been trying to figure out all day.

• Like Like x 1
  2. More interested in this story.

Sent from that phone I sent Dwight into the fire for.

• Like Like x 8
  3. This. Haha

My voice actually does change and it's uncontrollable. Quite honestly I hate it and if I can figure out a way to stop it from happening one day I will.

4. #4 TheSacredTree, Apr 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
    Lol. Had a feeling someone would ask that.

Well, i was at school putting up posters for my senior project field trip the other day during my 9th period study hall when one of my friends walked by me in the hall. We started getting into a conversation that made me totally forget what i was doing and i missed the bus. So i called my parents to pick me up and they did. On the way home they said they were going to drop me off at the house and then i was going to drive with my dad to a town 30 minutes away to get a photo printed in poster size but first they were going to go pick up my brother from a friends house and get some groceries. I get home and they leave and i realize i forgot to weigh out my weed that i bought recently. So i'm doing this and bagging it into individual 1 gram baggies so i can keep track of it all when i get to the end and realize i have some extra. I think about it for a bit and i remembered i just made a waterfal bong the other day that i really want to try out even though i know i'll be driving my family around but i came to the stupid conclusion that there's no way a waterfall bong could possibly get me that high off just a little bit. Well, i was wrong. End up stoned as fuck driving my dad and brother around for like an hour and trying to look as sober as possible while licking my lips every few seconds and rubbing my eyes constantly.

• Like Like x 6
  5. It was really bothering me too but is it just in our imagination or have you had someone else actually confirm it as different?

6. Yeah, probably. Lol. Oh well. They already know i smoke though. Just not before driving.

7. It does change. I have had friends on xbox live (shut up ps4 bastards!!!! ;) ) ask me who I was and where I went (thinking thAt somebody else had picked up my controller because my voice sounded so different after smoking.)

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. Yeah my voice does sometimes change..like it'll get more scratchy and low and I feel like it gives away that I'm high lol

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. I hate my high voice. It's a dead give away.

10. Oh, wow. They all knew for sure then because i was sounding like Rick Ross in my mind the other day.

• Like Like x 1
  11. My voice use to change till my tolerance went up. bittersweet i guess?

12. Yeah when I first started I feel like my voice changed a lot but now it's like I can call someone and just talk and it's fine.

13. Ever notice how a heavy cigarette smoker's voice is really shrill and raspy? Well smoking makes your vocal cords more stiff and rigid and can also cause irritation and swelling making your voice more hoarse and sound deeper. Smoking of anything can also cause vocal cord scarring which greatly contributes to the raspy sound of someones voice worsening over time and is very permanent. Weed while less harmful still has more tar than cigarettes too, which is most likely the reason there is a noticeable difference in your voice right after smoking.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Hm... Pretty heavy tradeoff there. I hated having such a different voice but i love having such a low tolerance. It's great to be able to get so high off just a few small hits.

15. Really informative post. And i never knew it had more tar than cigarettes. Weird.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Yeah my voice was way deeper when I was a daily smoker

• Like Like x 1
  17. It's all that sticky dankness man lol.

• Like Like x 1
  18. I live in Shanghai and I am from the UK, most of my friends are from Europe but the speak english with an American accent and I have three English friends.

If I smoke a lot I start speaking with a really strong accent without even realising, and I can't speak how I normally would. But all my friends can understand me perfectly.

It's kinda funny, but I will have to smoke a lot for this to happen. I guess this similar to what is happening to you and weed can have different effects on different people.

19. My voice fluctuates between diffefent ranges, but blunts tend to make my voice deep like a baritone singer.