Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Does your parents know you toke?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by hiphopanonymous?, Jul 26, 2009.

1. I was just wondering how many of you have parents that know u do. It seems like everday their is new my parents just caught me thread and it made me curious. For me I live with my dad (who is a cop) and he knows I do and he's cool with as long as I'm smart about it. And my best friend that got me into it, if he got caught his parents would seriously disown him

2. Nah they think I'm super anti-drug or alcohol.

3. A day when my mom doesn't think I'm blazed is a day unseen. I live with my mom and step dad. My mom has accepted my choice to smoke marijuana, and we've had conversations on the topic. My step dad has no say over anything to do with me so hes out of the question. He doesn't care though, and my mom just accepts it.

I'm not allowed to smoke inside the house, or infront of my siblings, otherwise its a free country :) I'm fairly well off in the parents and drugs department. They don't support it, but they don't punish it really.

4. While my father was completely against it he never sought out to punish me. My mother, on the other hand, was a complete badass. The first time she found out I smoked, she sat me down and told me how when she was a teenager, her and her friends would light up before they cheered at football games. She obviously didn't approve, but was perfectly fine with it so long as I was being responsible (not driving, smoking only in private, and so forth).

5. I told them when they confronted me about it.
    My dad's biggest problem was that it was illegal, so I got a card.
    My mom was worried about the gateway theory, so I tried to explain that it was an obsolete and untrue idea.
    Neither support, but they understood that they couldn't live my life for me.

6. My parents don't like it but they tolerate it.

We're actually on vacation in France right now on vacation and they've been smokin' hash with me. But that will end as soon as we return to the states.

7. i love the complete disregard for grammar in the title, lol

anyway, yea, i got caught like 2 months after i started, b/c i was dumb and young
    and being the jackass i was, i told my dad straight up that i was never gonna quit (i mean, i was just telling him the truth, but it kinda put a hindering on our relationship)

right now, he knows, he doesnt try to stop me, but he doesnt wanna hear about it, or see it

but if i accidentally leave something out, he just kinda gives me a look, and thats it

i try to respect him alot more now than i used to, he definitely deserves a helluva lot more respect then i used to give him

(helluva is a word? it doesnt get the red line, haha)

8. We keep it in the family...
    I smoke with my Mom and I smoke with both my kids...We're all stoners :smoking:

My kids are 20 and 24, btw...just so noone freaks out on me thinkin I'm getting my 'kids' high...lol...usually, it's them gettin me high!

9. I know, I'm kinda under the influence lol. After I clicked submit I noticed I butchered the title. Idk how to change it though...

10. Well, lets put it this way. I told my mom that it was scientifically proven that pot can't give you cancer. All of a sudden, she got really happy. I didn't expect that, and it turns out she thought I said "It causes cancer". Once I corrected her, she had a frown on.

11. Eh, not everybody speaks English as their native language. Even those of us who do sometimes get tired of spelling long words tediously by checking our spelling. Computer's should be smart enough to figure out what the hell I say and iterpret it correctly. Failure to do so is our failure as man to engineer something that smart. But I digress.

My father knows that I smoke and completely agrees and understands. He smokes himself on the down low. But my mother doesn't know anything of his or my smoking. He doesn't think that she'd understand. Sometimes I get tired of the pussy footing around the topic, because we both are very activist minded individuals who like to talk about the injustices of the world. So curbing our language in front of her sometimes becomes hard and one of us will be halfway through a legalization rant before we realize what we're talking about and stop it with a somewhat unsteady ending. I wish it wasn't like that, but my mother was abused by her father growing up and he used drugs as an escape from his kids, but he didn't hide it, they knew. So she has drugs in general tied into a negative space in her mind that at 52 years old, probably wouldn't be a great place to be. I just have too much respect to possibly hurt her. It makes me sad to think about it.

12. my mom never really cared, though she didn't approve of it as long as I wasn't getting caught and doing stupid shit. And now she just thinks whatever.:smoking:

13. My parents dont mine except when I come over to their house they dont want me to bring the weed with me. My dad use to smoke me up and he is actually the person that intoduced me to weed my first time. They just dont want me getting my little brothers high or anything so they prefer I leave it at my apartment. Also, my dad quit smoking and my mom quit quite a long time ago...but in their hippy days they were some tokin' fools...haha.

14. Well, when my mom found out, she kinda took my weed at first. I remember finding it and smoking it though. A while after that, she told me that she just doesn't like the illegality of it. She says that as long as I keep it out of the house(as in, not buying weed and keeping it here), she's fine with me toking with buddies or whatever.

15. My mom snapped on me when she found out I smoked Tobacco in a Hookah. She'll grasp at any opportunity to find somthing I did wrong and pot would be a huge one, glad she doesn't know (my brother got kicked out of the house because she found out he smoked before I ever did).
    Ouch :rolleyes:

16. Does you know grammar?

17. no they dont kno a thing but they suspect sometimes i guess idk

18. I'm not sure my parents know I blaze. I have been blazed around them a few times and they might hear the flick of the lighter if I was to toke in my room. My dad would be completely cool with it and my mom wouldn't be if they knew.

19. My parents know I smoke and allow me to toke as long as it isn't in the house or in sight of the neighbors. When they aren't home in the daytime and I want to use a piece I go to the garage (even though I'm not supposed to) and then keep it open for an hour to air out. When I want to use a piece at night, I go outside and puff on my back porch. Joints and blunts are cool anytime on the porch as long as the people who live behind us aren't out. When my parents are home in the evenings I can't go in the garage and, depending on how big of a bitch my mom is being about it, I sometimes can go out on the porch (she is off the walls paranoid about the neighbors finding out and doesn't like me doing it anyhow). I can't smoke outside if there are other people with me (girlfriend is an exception). For any occasion that I am not allowed to smoke around or inside my house, I walk two blocks and across a small field to a creek where I can smoke whenever.

20. I am sure both my parents know I smoke. Over time, I'm pretty sure they just figured it out. I'd come home from hanging with some friends smelling like weed, or do something else that would hint at it. In fact, they let my little sister get me a pipe while they were on vacation in cali, so they seem pretty cool with it or just don't care. I'd say my dad is more on the "don't care" side and my mom more on the "cool with it" side, though. My mom has caught me high a few times and while she still remains fine with me doing it, every once in a while she'll manage to sneak in something like, "Maybe you shouldn't smoke so much pot." Or something similar. I feel like I moderate myself just fine.