Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Does your heart race?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by MADISM, Feb 12, 2009.

1. My heart rate definitely goes up. More so with some strains. It has happened to the point of me having panic attacks.

2. R.I.P brother.

3. A few times, my heart pumped all crazy. I've had a certain heart problem since I was younger, and one time I freaked all out cuz it was pumpin so fast.

4. #24 0_j03_o, Feb 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2009
    Happens quite a bit. Especially when I'm really baked. :smoke:

5. I usually get an increased beat for about 2 or 3 minutes, then it subsides.

6. never noticed it when I first started smoking. but, my heart will sometimes race after I toke nowadays.

7. Yeah my heart rate does increase after smoking, cannabis can increase your heart rate as much as 40bpm, But I think that increase only lasts about an hour.

8. My heart races all the time for no reason, and my hands shake alot, sometimes it kinda hurts.

But never when I am high, never.

9. #29 crazycraka, Feb 13, 2009
    I do sometimes when Im in a situation where I know I shouldn't be high and Im slightly paranoid. I then notice my heartbeat and then I keep concentrating on it and it beats faster as a result. But usually not, maybe 20% of the time depending on the situation. But if Im smoking with friends or to relax then no, it doesn't race.

PS: I smoked 40x salvia a few times in a couple days and got a bad trip. And then went to work high, and a muscle in my chest kept on twitching for hours. And it was weird because it was a muscle that I could not control. It eventually went away but, that shit was scary.

10. i find when i've had a bunch of caffeine or an energy drink my heart rate goes up, but when i'm high and i've had caffeine my heart goes crazy.

11. Mine does sometimes, seems to only be when im hitting a bong though. Not at all when smoking joints though which is what i usually do :smoke:

12. nah only if i smoke so much that i get minor anxiety. same goes for drinking. if you get to juiced and you dont wanna pass out i usually get a racing heart rate.

13. It depends on the type of bud for me, sometimes it will, sometimes it won't.

-C

14. this morning i was wigging out. i just started smoking again for the first time in like almost 2 months. i smoked 2 blunts to myself this morning wake n bake and all i kept thinkin was cops were going to roll up on me, i was telling myself to chill, but i kept thinking of every escape path i could take pending on which direction they were coming from. i was so fucking paranoid.

15. #35 daedelus, Feb 13, 2009
    well, i went to the hospital because i was feeling heart palpitations a couple of months back, and i told the doctor that i had smoked that day and he said (as well as from what I've read online) that your heart rate increases for the first couple of minutes after smoking. Its a scientific fact i think, but it varies from person to person how much they feel it. For instance, I can often feel my heart pumping in my chest, and smoking heightens that sensation (for a couple of minutes) The reason for my heart palpitations wasn't because i had smoked, but for another reason (I was starting a really intense workout routine)

The doctor said everyone is different, and some people never feel their heart pumping, while some people feel it from the slightest workout.

16. I can but nothing happens, I just feel my heart pumping fast

17. the only time i notice my heart beating is when im really paranoid.