Does your doctor know that you smoke marijuana?

Discussion in 'General' started by bsuttoi, Dec 27, 2011.

1. Saw my doctor's note page of me once, saw "Cannabis abuse" which ticked me off, but I decided not to mention it. It was added back when I was 14/15 so they probably have no idea that I have control over it, he's never mentioned it, I've never mentioned it.

2. Yeaaa I've told my doctor b4 and honestly he don't give a fuck lol

3. My Doctor is from the Netherlands so yeah.

4. [quote name='"tharedhead"']

The main drawback to complete honesty is you may later be turned down for things like mortgage insurance (or similar) where one of the requirements is that you allow them access to all your medical records.
    Given the current economy, home buying may not be tops on most GC members lists for a while....[/quote]

I actually have excellent insurance as well. I'm too sick to ever get health insurance, so no worries there.

5. I told my doctor but it was after a Tbreak so I told him I had quit for a few months already but had tried before lol
    My doctor was specific though, he asked if I had smoked marijuana or tobacco so...
    I got a few blood and urine tests after that but I know I was clean anyway.

6. i don't have a doctor...I don't have health insurance and I haven't in like 5 years.

7. MMJ paitent so naturally, however for a long time prior to that I was always up front with Dr about it. As someone else pointed out most seemed not to care, more surprised at me being upfront. They can't and will not get you in trouble for it.

8. So you never talked to your doctor about it, and he just picked up that you were a stoner? Strange...

9. Now I tell them about it. Sometimes they need to know, never know, you know?

10. Yeah mine does. Before I went in for surgery they asked me a ton of questions. They asked me if I smoked and I said no but but when they asked me about illicit drug use I told them.

11. Haha told my doc I blaze daily, then he asked about other not so healthy drugs witch I don't do.

12. Lol. What doctor? Havent seen one in years......

13. When i got hospitalized for beeing drunk in school they took my urine and blood. As for the people who think they'll go to jail for getting ur blood or urine tested for MEDICAL REASONS(Drug testing is a LOT different) im sitting here obviously and diden't go to jail. Yes, those doctors know i smoke and drink alcohol and they diden't tell my parents or the law. They just clarified it with me.